Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 9:11:41 PM EDT
not to pick up a CZ P-01.  If I did, I'd buy it.  Anyone here support that claim?

It's a sexy gun, that's for sure, and it looks like it would fit my hand like a glove.  

Your thoughts...?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Happened to me a couple of months ago.  Went out looking for a SIG, picked up a P01, and bought the CZ.  Looks great and feels awesome in the hand.  Don't do it:)
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know why CZs aren't more popular.  I bought a CZ75 BD and I was sold.  I replaced my G19 with a 75 PCR and my Smith 5906 bedside gun with a 75 Tactical Sp-01 with an LTR-4 on it.  I like the decocker models.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, or pick up an SP-01 if you don't really need a compact gun, or a stainless 75B, they are gorgeous.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The P-01 is by far my favorite handgun.  It is the perfect size, shoots great, and feels perfect in the hand.  It is always the first handgun I recommend to anyone I know.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
You look at one and next thing you know you have five of them.............................:-)
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The P-01 is by far my favorite handgun.  It is the perfect size, shoots great, and feels perfect in the hand.  It is always the first handgun I recommend to anyone I know.
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't know why CZs aren't more popular.  I bought a CZ75 BD and I was sold.  I replaced my G19 with a 75 PCR and my Smith 5906 bedside gun with a 75 Tactical Sp-01 with an LTR-4 on it.  I like the decocker models.
View Quote

Probably because a lot of shops don't carry them.  Been looking for one just to hold, guess I have to wait until our show at the end of next month.  No one around here carries even just the plain CZ-75B.  Much less any of the other models.

Can't wait to try one out....!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I much prefer the safety equipped models myself, but across the board CZ pistols (and the HK P7 series) pretty much universally elicit the 'I must own one of these' responses when I let folks shoot mine at the range

I know my CZ75B is responsible for at least 10 CZ pistols sales.
My HK P7M13 has sold three P7 guns so far.

CZ has the edge due to price.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:40:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of my friends that have shot mine have bought one, also.  Usually a 75 or 75 BD.  I need a stainless model.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I was looking around for one as a carry gun, but the metal CZs are almost impossible to find locally. Finally found a used P-06 locally and made a special trip just to hold it. I have almost no interest in owning a 40 anytime soon, but if it wasn't so grossly overpriced I would have bought it right then anyway. It felt amazing. I went home and started searching for a used P-01 immediately, and after about a month I had a new gun. By far the best pistol I have shot to date (although my experience is fairly limited).
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#12]
CZs point more naturally for me than anything else.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#13]
A second sp-01 walked home with me yesterday, I think this one is going to get converted to a SAO version soon
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#14]
My brother was a Glock fan through and through. Then he saw the ways, and all he wants are more CZ's and Dan Wessons.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been searching for gun that will fill/act/shoot like my 1911's for about 3 or 4 years.  I wanted something I could drag, scrape, rub, etc. without hurting my feelings (My Colts are getting old and I hate to abuse them).

Glock was first.  Feel and accuracy just weren't there.

XDM was next.  Better feel, better accuracy (one of the two) but still just not there.

M&P was next.  Best feel.  Accuracy on one of two pretty good.  Reliability sucked (lots of failures to fire, multiple reasons).  Maybe have that worked out, but not sure yet.

CZ was next (PO7) and now I have the feel and the accuracy, as well as the reliability (so far).  The groups are amazing.  "Forced" me to buy a P09 a couple weeks back.  Bigger gun, same feel.  First range trip I ran factory FMJ, reload 147 HP, reload 147 lead, reload 124 HP and factory 115 HP ammo through it and it "ate" everything and gave me pretty good groups with the factory 115 HPs and reload 147 lead bullets.  The other plastic guns are being retired and some will be sold (got to keep that little XDM 3.8" 9MM that outshoots the Glock, the competition XDM and the M&Ps).

You can have a problem with any brand/make/model of anything.  But with CZ's (vs. M&Ps and XDMs anyway) you can go to the CZ USA website, or the CZ Custom website and get any factory part you want except the plastic frame.  Cajun Gunworks sells all kinds of custom parts (so does CZ Custom).   I checked all that out prior to buying that P07.  When I want/need a part I need to be able to order and get it and wanted to make sure my next gun had decent parts availability.

After I started telling friends at work about my P07 (and bringing in the targets) one of the guys started researching CZs on the internet.  He came in one day ready to buy (wants a CZ 75) and said one of the things that convinced him they made good pistols was that next to the 1911 design the CZ is the most copied handgun design in the world.

Check them out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know why CZs aren't more popular.
View Quote

People that own CZ's are to busy holding or using them to post about them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've been searching for gun that will fill/act/shoot like my 1911's for about 3 or 4 years.  I wanted something I could drag, scrape, rub, etc. without hurting my feelings (My Colts are getting old and I hate to abuse them).

Glock was first.  Feel and accuracy just weren't there.

XDM was next.  Better feel, better accuracy (one of the two) but still just not there.

M&P was next.  Best feel.  Accuracy on one of two pretty good.  Reliability sucked (lots of failures to fire, multiple reasons).  Maybe have that worked out, but not sure yet.

CZ was next (PO7) and now I have the feel and the accuracy, as well as the reliability (so far).  The groups are amazing.  "Forced" me to buy a P09 a couple weeks back.  Bigger gun, same feel.  First range trip I ran factory FMJ, reload 147 HP, reload 147 lead, reload 124 HP and factory 115 HP ammo through it and it "ate" everything and gave me pretty good groups with the factory 115 HPs and reload 147 lead bullets.  The other plastic guns are being retired and some will be sold (got to keep that little XDM 3.8" 9MM that outshoots the Glock, the competition XDM and the M&Ps).

You can have a problem with any brand/make/model of anything.  But with CZ's (vs. M&Ps and XDMs anyway) you can go to the CZ USA website, or the CZ Custom website and get any factory part you want except the plastic frame.  Cajun Gunworks sells all kinds of custom parts (so does CZ Custom).   I checked all that out prior to buying that P07.  When I want/need a part I need to be able to order and get it and wanted to make sure my next gun had decent parts availability.

After I started telling friends at work about my P07 (and bringing in the targets) one of the guys started researching CZs on the internet.  He came in one day ready to buy (wants a CZ 75) and said one of the things that convinced him they made good pistols was that next to the 1911 design the CZ is the most copied handgun design in the world.

Check them out.
View Quote

One of the many things I love about my CZ's.  I grew up a 1911 shooter and still carry them, but occasionally I want a 9mm.  To be able to have one with the controls in the same place is a huge plus.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top