BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
Yeah, I'd like to know what dillweed thought it would be a good idea to have that (completely unnecessary) angular transition happen right in the palm of your hand.   Seems like it might be a good candidate for a re-shape and stipple job.
View Quote

I have no idea. It is obvious that they put a lot of thought into the design. I wonder if this is an issue with people who have small/medium sized hands? The only other reports I have seen are from Military Arms Channel (where he said he has big hands), and from @kes7u. Maybe Americans have substantially larger hands than the people working in ARex Slovenia.

This could also be a cool project for someone with a laser printer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

I'm not high speed enough to be performing surgery on buletz.

Any way you could do a short video? Maybe just show the case with primer installed. Load into magazine, load magazine into racked pistol, drop slide using slide release and proceed to take off slide w/out pulling trigger. Finally field strip slide and show primer with no marks on primer pocket. I'm guessing it would be a 15-20 video.

I'm betting it would go "mini-viral" as the popularity of the Delta grows.
View Quote

That primer you see was in the chamber when I broke the gun down. Not a tick on it.
I might could do a video, but not real soon; Camera is at work for a few days.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

That primer you see was in the chamber when I broke the gun down. Not a tick on it.
I might could do a video, but not real soon; Camera is at work for a few days.
View Quote

Thanks! ...and thanks for doing the test. I feel even better about the gun as a whole now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
@kes7u

What size hands do you have?

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:40:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kes7u] [#5]
@kes7u

What size hands do you have?

View Quote

I am 5'9" and weigh 170.  I believe my hands are average size for my frame.  For reference, I wear a Large size surgical glove which fits snugly. An XL glove is well too big for my hands.  So I don't believe I'd fall into the spectrum of larger hands!
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:53:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#6]
Originally Posted By kes7u:

I am 5'9" and weigh 170.  I believe my hands are average size for my frame.  For reference, I wear a Large size surgical glove which fits snugly. An XL glove is well too big for my hands.  So I don't believe I'd fall into the spectrum of larger hands!
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like the backstraps are just a bad design for some people. Cool thing is they could make a V.2 backstrap set and sell them for like $10. I'll reach out and see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like the backstraps are just a bad design for some people. Cool thing is they could make a V.2 backstrap set and sell them for like $10. I'll reach out and see what they have to say.
View Quote

THAT would be great!!
Please update if/when you get any feedback.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Taking mine out to the range for a wringing-out. I've only put 50 rounds through it but this time we're going to shoot more. A lot more.

Just out of curiosity...are K-Var and Global Ordinance the same company?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Taking mine out to the range for a wringing-out. I've only put 50 rounds through it but this time we're going to shoot more. A lot more.

Just out of curiosity...are K-Var and Global Ordinance the same company?
View Quote

Are you experiencing the painful angled backstrap issue? If so, which backstrap(s) have you tried?  I'm gathering data so that I can provide AREX with some actionable information.

Re: K-Var and GO... I have no idea.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You may have already assumed this, but I am experiencing pain using the backstrap that come installed on the gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm using the Small backstrap. No pain issues.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone swapped out the front sight yet?

I have a HI VIZ fiber optic I am wanting to install but I am having issues getting the front sight off. First, I tried a sight pusher and all that did was snap off the upright portion of the front sight. Next, I tried using a small punch and one of those little gunsmith hammers... The Delta LOL'd at me. Finally, I placed the slide in a vice, grabbed the biggest punch that would still bite on the front sight dovetail, and grabbed a 22oz.hammer. I beat on the punch for about 10 minutes and nothing. I feel like if I hit it any harder, I am going to risk damaging the slide.

Should I heat the slide up?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone swapped out the front sight yet?

I have a HI VIZ fiber optic I am wanting to install but I am having issues getting the front sight off. First, I tried a sight pusher and all that did was snap off the upright portion of the front sight. Next, I tried using a small punch and one of those little gunsmith hammers... The Delta LOL'd at me. Finally, I placed the slide in a vice, grabbed the biggest punch that would still bite on the front sight dovetail, and grabbed a 22oz.hammer. I beat on the punch for about 10 minutes and nothing. I feel like if I hit it any harder, I am going to risk damaging the slide.

Should I heat the slide up?
View Quote

Put the slide in the freezer overnight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Put the slide in the freezer overnight.
View Quote

Thanks... In she goes...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Any updates on the sight removal?

Also, finally got to put my hands on a Delta. Think I’m going to pass on this one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Also, finally got to put my hands on a Delta. Think I’m going to pass on this one.
View Quote

Not yet. We lost power the night I placed the slide in the freezer and it looks like it will not be restored untill Sunday night.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:08:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#17]
mrgunsngear sez $50 off a Delta when you use code MGNG at Global Ordnance

https://globalordnance.com/arex-delta-black-upc-815537023787/?afmc=1n

$350 for a Delta? Hell, yeah!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:41:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#18]
mrgunsngear sez $50 off a Delta when you use code MGNG at Global Ordnance

https://globalordnance.com/arex-delta-black-upc-815537023787/?afmc=1n

$350 for a Delta? Hell, yeah!
View Quote

I saw that but I don't want to pick up another one until I can verify whether an optics cut is possible.

In other news.... I got my front sight off!!! I took it out of the freezer and beat on it again with a punch and 20 oz. hammer. That didn't work so I broke out a Dremmel and cutting disc. I made one slip while cutting and nicked the bottom of the slide's dovetail. Oh well...

The replacement sight is a little loose. Is there a way to shim or stake it? It doesn't fall out of the slide but I can move it using my thumbs.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#19]
You can remove the front sight and either peen the top edge of the dove tail on the slide a little or my preferred way is to bow the base of the front sight.  I do this by putting the fiber optic section of the sight facing down in a vice with the wings of the sight base facing up.  Tap the bottom of the sight base in the middle to bow the sides of the sight base.  This will create a tension fit.  I would also smear loctite on the dove tail when installing.  Good luck.  David
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Got my Tru Glos in today; a couple raps with a hammer and the front came right out.

Most of it, anyway.

Attachment Attached File

The rest of it drifted out OK.  Front sight was pretty loose; peened the dovetail and used red threadlock. Seems solid.
Rear swapped out fine.  It's supposed to warm up Wednesday; I'll sight it in then and tighten the rear set screw.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my Tru Glos in today; a couple raps with a hammer and the front came right out.

Most of it, anyway.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35784/delta_front_jpg-1666319.JPG

The rest of it drifted out OK.  Front sight was pretty loose; peened the dovetail and used red threadlock. Seems solid.
Rear swapped out fine.  It's supposed to warm up Wednesday; I'll sight it in then and tighten the rear set screw.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35784/delta_sights_jpg-1666336.JPG
View Quote

Looking down at the top of the gun with barrel pointed away from you, did you drift it out right to left?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Looking down at the top of the gun with barrel pointed away from you, did you drift it out right to left?
View Quote

Not the big part. I went the other way and snapped off that leg. I drove it out the other direction; about the same resistance.
Putting the new front in the dovetail seemed the same either way.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you believe it to be a directional cut?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Do you believe it to be a directional cut?
View Quote

That's what I initially thought. I saw scuffing on the left side of the dovetail so I figured it was either a directional cut or that the front sight was installed left > right.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:
You can remove the front sight and either peen the top edge of the dove tail on the slide a little or my preferred way is to bow the base of the front sight.  I do this by putting the fiber optic section of the sight facing down in a vice with the wings of the sight base facing up.  Tap the bottom of the sight base in the middle to bow the sides of the sight base.  This will create a tension fit.  I would also smear loctite on the dove tail when installing.  Good luck.  David
View Quote

Thank you. I'll attempt to bend the front sight and add some high temp thread adhesive.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Thank you. I'll attempt to bend the front sight and add some high temp thread adhesive.
View Quote

Which sight did you get? I got Tru Glo sights for the XDm and the wings are too short to bend out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Which sight did you get? I got Tru Glo sights for the XDm and the wings are too short to bend out.
View Quote

Sorry, can't hotlink from my iPad. It is a bit ugly but it does what I need it to do (if the wings end up being long enough).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Sorry, can't hotlink from my iPad. It is a bit ugly but it does what I need it to do (if the wings end up being long enough).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/F1C6C79B-BC7A-453D-A511-90F11FE6E297_jpe-1667053.JPG
View Quote

I damned near got that one, but decided to go with a FO rear as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

@ken_mays

What were the deal breakers?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#30]

@ken_mays

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@ken_mays

The grip was aggressively uncomfortable for no good reason.   I'm not the kind of guy who has to have a grip just perfect, but their choice of style over function was irritating.  Also, the price in the shop was $440, so to get it for what I felt it was worth, I'd have to order it sight unseen.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#31]

The grip was aggressively uncomfortable for no good reason.   I'm not the kind of guy who has to have a grip just perfect, but their choice of style over function was irritating.  Also, the price in the shop was $440, so to get it for what I felt it was worth, I'd have to order it sight unseen.
View Quote

I hear ya on the grip. At the $350 discounted price (mentioned a few posts up) I think buying one would be a no-brainer. File the sharp angles on the grip, throw it down the driveway a few times and throw it is a go bag. At $400 OTD, I'm still buying one but I am going to pester ARex to come out with a better backstrap. At $450+, I'm buying another P-10C.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#32]
What's the consensus on the Delta's internal extractor?  Never been a fan of the Springfield XD try extractor.  The pictures I've seen online looks like the extractor would be a challenge to get out if it ever needed removal. David
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:
What's the consensus on the Delta's internal extractor?  Never been a fan of the Springfield XD try extractor.  The pictures I've seen online looks like the extractor would be a challenge to get out if it ever needed removal. David
View Quote

Would have been nice if the extractor set-up was more like a Glock or Steyr or even S&W.

"Challenge" might be an understatement.

Took my Delta out to the range for another 50 rounds. Trigger is getting better. Recessed front dot is somewhat annoying. With the morning sun at approximately 4 O'clock (downrange is North) the shadow created by the recess made it a perfect "half dot" LOL.

DEAR TRUGLO: Please make a dedicated sight set for this firearm
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm really loving the Small backstrap. Makes the pistol feel 1911-ish.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#35]
Edit: My bad, thought this was GD.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Edit: My bad, thought this was GD.
View Quote

@olds442tyguy

$350 with more features than a Glock: no Glock grip angle, no pulling trigger to field strip, way better trigger than a Glock, steel recoil spring guide (unlike Glock's plastic one), steel sights (vs. Glock's plastic sights), Lighter than a Glock 19, more slim than a Glock 19, better trigger guard undercut than a Glock (99% of people will be able to get 3 fingers on the grip), CHF barrel (like Glock). Accuracy rivals any of the big names. $200 cheaper than a Glock .

Aside from the uncomfortable backstrap that can easily be modified by the end user, AREX hit a home run with the Delta.

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I just watched Sootch00 do his review of the Delta and HEY! Where's my cleaning kit? My pistol did not come with a cleaning kit! Did notice that there's a foam plug in place in the case where the included cleaning kit's supposed to be.

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I just watched Sootch00 do his review of the Delta and HEY! Where's my cleaning kit? My pistol did not come with a cleaning kit! Did notice that there's a foam plug in place in the case where the included cleaning kit's supposed to be.

View Quote

I got a cleaning kit. It's cute.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Took the Delta out to the range yesterday with some reloads:

RMR 124gr Plated 2nds CCI SPP 4.2 grains Titegroup COAL 1.150"

And an 8" x 10" "aim small miss small" silhouette target at 15 yards.

Not bad for old eyes but I really want to replace that front sight with something else.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Anyone who relies on a cleaning kit to come with each gun he buys is somewhat of a doofus, IMO.   I leave shit like that in the box unless it is a needed, model-specific tool.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Anyone who relies on a cleaning kit to come with each gun he buys is somewhat of a doofus, IMO.   I leave shit like that in the box unless it is a needed, model-specific tool.
View Quote

It's kinda nice; self contained kit with nice parts. I tossed it in my range box in my trunk. Keep it with the gun? No thanks. Most people here don't use the factory boxes to haul guns around anyway.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Lighten up, Francis.

I don't care if a cleaning kit came with the pistol or not.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a new RMR RM06 itching to jump on the slide. Who does work like this? All the big names appear to only offer milling for specific models. I want someone to take my slide, take measurements, determine whether or not it is feasible and then mill it (if feasible).
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Lighten up, Francis.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lighten up, Francis.

Exactly my point.  I'm not the muppet raising a fuss about it on YT.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:09:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#45]
AREX Delta L Modular Optics Cut.

Attachment Attached File

First Shots: Arex Defense Delta L Modular Optics Cut Pistol
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:18:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#46]
Attachment Attached File

Better pic.

Attachment Attached File

Looks like the slide and barrel are longer. Wish they would have kept it the same as the original.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#47]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/E11D870B-DBE6-45BF-BCA1-BDE56B71D087_jpe-1697776.JPG

Better pic.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/893EF65B-7DA5-49FB-8FF1-A7626F262B15_jpe-1697777.JPG

Looks like the slide and barrel are longer. Wish they would have kept it the same as the original.
View Quote

Yeah, but I'll still probably buy it just to have the full-size version. I don't even shoot optics.
I keep seeing indications that the safety model might be available in the US, but never see it anywhere. I would like one of those.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#48]
If they would just take the current Delta and:

1. Add optics cut

2. Add real slide serrations

3. Re-work the back straps (round them)

They would have a G19 "killer". The Delta is the PERFECT size.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#49]
The fullsize pictured above does have "Gen2" on it.  Maybe the Arex Delta will be like the CZ P07/P09.   The P09 came out a few years after the P07 and CZ updated the design.  Then they changed the P07 to be just like the upgraded P09.  David
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#50]
If they would just take the current Deltan and:

1. Add optics cut

2. Add real slide serrations

3. Re-work the back straps (round them)

4. Compatibility with GLOCK night sights

They would have a G19 "killer". The Delta is the PERFECT size.
View Quote

FIFY
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top