Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 11:05:08 PM EDT
I shot it today and had the first 10 rounds in a decent looking group for myself and then all of a sudden I couldn't hit the target at all. I had to aim 2 feet to the left of the target just to get on paper and the next shot was on the other side of the target. After unloading and inspecting I realized that the sight was loose. Has anyone have had there rear sights just all of a sudden come loose? I can slide The rear sight easily with my fingers. Not sure what happened. Would Centruy Arms take this back and do repairs. I bought it new 8 months ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the adjustment screw come out? mine adjusts side to side with a flat head screwdriver, tiny amount of play.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No it's still in the end.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
So I finally got in contact with Century Arms and I sure have to go through a whole bunch of BS just to get a new rear sight. I have to scan my receipt, drivers license, fill out there questionnaire, and sign a waiver of liability just for them to send me the replacement parts. And that's not all. Once I put the new sights on they want me to ship the old ones back to them. Are you freaking kidding me? Because yes century arms I want to stock pile rear sights for a pistol that ejects shells straight up into the damn air and hits you me in the f***ing forehead. I'm glad I didn't buy any other guns from them because this is definitely the last one I'll ever buy from them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Bummer that you are having trouble with yours.  I dig mine!  Awesome trigger and really good groups.  No issue with ejection at all...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had problems with mine from the start. I thought it was maybe that or want broken in but it's been through 500 rounds and the election issues seem to be getting worse...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, what version of the TP9? 1st gen, SA, or V2?

I have a first gen TP9 that's been running fine so far. 700+ rounds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
1st Gen
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade. First gen takes Walther P99 sights.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I contacted them 1 week ago today and they have still yet to get back to me. Not sure if it usually takes this long? At this point if they didn't want to give me new sights at least fix the damn extracting issues so it doesn't hit me in the forehead anymore. My wife would appreciate it more so the empty case doesn't land in her cleavage...

How long does it usually take for Century Arms to get back to people?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking about buying one of these until I found this thread.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I got the gun back about a week later from my last post. The sight is still not as tight as it should be. The sight wiggles so the groups have opened up to about double what it was and the the empty cases still hit me in the head. I hate the gun and haven't used it since I got it back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I just put Meprolight Walther P99 tritium night sights on mine...

Potential problem fixed...

Forrest
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe. There's so much slop in the sights it's ridiculous. Before they were tight like they're suppose to be now they wiggle freely and easily.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Forrest
View Quote

Front and rears? They fit up ok? Putting aftermarkets on the tp9 is confusing I've read p99 fronts work, but rears not with out modifications.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Front and rears? They fit up ok? Putting aftermarkets on the tp9 is confusing I've read p99 fronts work, but rears not with out modifications.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

I'm speaking of the original TP9 here, and not about the TP9SA or TP9v2 (just so we're clear).  The latter two take CZ-75 type sights.

I used the Meprolight 18800 P99 sights, and they were a drop in fit, both front and rear.  (Actually, I can't remember if I had to shave a tiny bit off the stud that takes the hex nut on the front sight or not, but I think not.  I think that I had to do that when mounting the P99 sights on a Walther PPQ M2).

You will need a Glock-like hex tool for the front sight and you'll have to reuse the traverse (side to side) screw from the original TP9 rear sight, but it'll fit the new Meprolight rear sight just fine.  That's assuming that no changes were made in either the TP9s or sights after the ones I used....

Forrest

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top