Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2015 5:45:20 PM EDT
Anyone know where to get them?  I am terribly tempted to buy one in 9mm, but cannot see me to find the spare mags!  Would like to get two more.

I think that spare mag supply would be critical to the marketing success of the gun

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
nope.  Just get some 15rd Beretta 92 mags and drill/dremel your own mag catch.  Search pakguns.com for the how to
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't dremel or modify some other mag.

Go here https://www.k-var.com/shop/M-ZEZ9-15.html

Those will be there until K-VAR's stock depletes, and then I'm not sure when or where any of us will be able to get factory mags again for a while.

They are the same magazine as the CZ 999 uses. Only substantial difference between the two guns is one has a rail the other doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
this will help ya
cz999 mods and mags
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this will help ya
cz999 mods and mags
View Quote

Perhaps I've missed something, but how does changing the baseplate on the CZ999 mag that you already have fix the problem of availability of extra CZ999 mags?

Forrest

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
what you missed was the pics show how to shave a 15 round Beretta 92 mag base plate to fit the Zastava CZ999, mag body is the same.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Same mag, just needs the D cut made on the front.  2 mins tops with a drill and needle file
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what you missed was the pics show how to shave a 15 round Beretta 92 mag base plate to fit the Zastava CZ999, mag body is the same.
View Quote

My point was only that the video shows someone putting a modified Beretta 92 mag baseplate on a CZ999 mag.

If you already have the CZ999 mag, what good does changing the baseplate do in terms of extra CZ999 mags...?

And, while the mag bodies (Beretta M9/M92 and CZ999) are very similar, the mag catch cuts are no where near the same.  Yes, you can cut the 'D' slot in the front of the M92/M9 mag to allow it to be retained in the CZ999, but you do have to modify the M92/M9 mag (and I'm certainly not saying that's a hard thing to do).

I was 'lucky' enough to grab some of the EZ9 mags from CDNN before they sold out (I'm assuming that they sold out since I can't find them on their website now).

Personally, I'd probably just pick up a few of the EZ9 mags from K-Var (since they seem to be available there).

Forrest

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
for $33+shipping???  No thanks.  Go get some M9 mags for $8-10 each at the next gun show.  Heck, the CZ999 comes with two already
read page 3
beretta mags in Zastava
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
for $33+shipping???  No thanks.  Go get some M9 mags for $8-10 each at the next gun show.  Heck, the CZ999 comes with two already
read page 3
beretta mags in Zastava
View Quote

That much, eh?

Well, it is K-Var, and they do have a reputation to maintain...

Forrest
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I used SIG 226 mags and relocated the mag catch hole. Works like a charm. No base plate mod required.
Century has the CZ999 mags in stock also.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I used SIG 226 mags and relocated the mag catch hole. Works like a charm. No base plate mod required.
View Quote

How much are the century mags?
Mine came with only 1 mag .
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:38:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about Century, but AIM has CZ 999 mags for $19.99 right now:

http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCZ99915&name=CZ999+9mm+15rd+Magazine+Zastava+Factory+New&groupid=16

Odd that your gun only came with one mag....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

could've been a used gun purchase
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was new in the cardboard box for $259.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#15]
that's the older one then.  The newer ones come in a plastic foam lined case with cleaning brush and spare mag
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
that's the older one then.  The newer ones come in a plastic foam lined case with cleaning brush and spare mag
View Quote

Interestingly enough, I bought two of them about a week apart in time in Dec 2013, one directly from Century Arms and the other from Centerfire Systems.  The one from  Century Arms came in the cardboard box and the one from Centerfire systems came in the plastic box.  Both came with two mags...

Forrest

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#17]
AIM surplus is always the solution
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AIM surplus is always the solution
View Quote

Yes this time they were!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top