Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 9:31:05 PM EDT
I've been a big fan of the Tokarev Round (7.62x25mm) for the last five years.  I bought a nice 1953 Polish one that was impressive but I was a horrible shot.  User error in this case.  

Well, I decided a while back to get one of the new production Zastava M57 Tokarevs with the longer grip (9 rounds in a magazine, not 8).  Well, I managed to figure out how to shoot her so I decided to invest in some upgrades.

After 5 1/2 months, here she is, with the magazine disconnect removed, a trigger job and tritium night sights added.

And the results of this weekends shooting :D

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Tritium sights on a tokarev. That's rather neat , thought about doing something similar with a CZ-52 but decided against it due to ammo costs.

What's the pull weight?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, I don't know the trigger weight.  But like a 1911 it has a little pre-travel and then a nice crisp pull.  

I really like the round and I'm really happy with the end result.  It took 6+ months to get it all done but it's been well worth it

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure but I think that grip sleeve might be on upside down .

Nice pistol though.  Wish I could get night sights on mine (massaged 53 Romanian) but even without them it still shoots pretty well.

The 7.62x25 is a cool/interesting little round for sure.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure but I think that grip sleeve might be on upside down .
View Quote

nope
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I like it.

More pics of the sights?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]

I love the sights.  Expensive but worth it
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like them to. The original sights are just about the only thing I don't like about the old tok, I did paint mine and that helped a little but they are still not what I would like and obviously nowhere near a setup like yours.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top