Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 3:15:41 PM EDT
I just bought a new EAA Witness 10mm compact and the fixed sights are shooting low.  I'd like to replace rear sight with an adjustable set without any significant gunsmithing.  If anyone has replaced their fixed sights on one of these pistols, can you recommend a sight?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an older Witness P compact 45 that shot low. I called EAA and they don't make a replacement rear sight. This is what I did, kinda hacky but It works real well.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I used a Champion brand Novak style adjustable rear and then had to file a flat for it on the slide, behind the dovetail for the sight body. Then, I had Dawson Precision make their first front sight for them for this gun. After that, they started listing them on their website. It works, kind of took the long way around, but it works...
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a 10mm that also shoots low.  I had a 45 similar to the one pictured above, back then EAA sold me a variety of rear sights of varying heights, it took the tallest one to correct the issue.  I figured I would just use the remaining ones I had, but the 10mm has a wider dovetail that sits much farther forward on the slide than the old ones did.  I'll post up if I find anything that fits!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've put LPA adjustable sights on both Witness pistols I had. Got em from Brownell's, but I forget how much. About $60, IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that the two I just bought will shoot "okay"......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top