Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 9:56:44 AM EDT
Title sums it up really, like the idea of a 17rnd 9mm 1911. Looking for one Like so

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
me too man. I also havnt seen any of the Tac 2011 VZ, the one with front and rear slide serrations, vz grips and in 45 acp. I think ive seen 1 for sale on a local board.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

me too man. I also havnt seen any of the Tac 2011 VZ, the one with front and rear slide serrations, vz grips and in 45 acp. I think ive seen 1 for sale on a local board.
View Quote
Seems like a great idea in an affordable package with adequate quality from what I know about RIA

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting for one also.  I cant find one and they may not be out yet.  They have been on the website for a year already and still no guns.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked one up this past weekend. I had been looking and waiting for a year or more. Davidsons had some last week. They go fast...
great shooter too
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just picked one up this past weekend. I had been looking and waiting for a year or more. Davidsons had some last week. They go fast...

great shooter too
View Quote
I keep checking gun broker occasionally and have still never seen one, haven't looked anywhere else in a while. How much are they going for? I've never seen a price since I can't find them. I'm afraid my financial situation has changed and I may be waiting until after next year's harvest. But we'll see what happens
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I keep checking gun broker occasionally and have still never seen one, haven't looked anywhere else in a while. How much are they going for? I've never seen a price since I can't find them. I'm afraid my financial situation has changed and I may be waiting until after next year's harvest. But we'll see what happens
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
great shooter too

my ffl dealer located them thru Davidsons. He only charged me $700.00 out the door. Now the one problem I am having is finding a good holster for use in uspsa and some outlaw 2 / 3 gun
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
my ffl dealer located them thru Davidsons. He only charged me $700.00 out the door. Now the one problem I am having is finding a good holster for use in uspsa and some outlaw 2 / 3 gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

great shooter too

Price isn't too bad at all! Thanks

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Found one here.

Then you get a $50 mail in rebate check.

Shit - never mind. OOS. Could have sworn it said in stock when I clicked the link.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Found one here.

Then you get a $50 mail in rebate check.

Shit - never mind. OOS. Could have sworn it said in stock when I clicked the link.
View Quote
I bet they sell fast, seems like such a good idea, wish I had the $ right now, things got tighter since the original post and I'm not ready to sell anything else I have

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
My dealer only charged me $670 for mine, which seems like an absolute bargain next to the Para version I saw at the gun shop for $1370.  So far I'm more impressed with RIA quality than I have been with Para. It seems quite accurate,  but the factory mag is junk.  I'm going to convert mine to STI/SVI mags anyway so I'm not too concerned about it.  I just had a local friend make a nice custom Kydex holster for it.  The only other plans are a good drop in trigger kit and lots of shooting.

ETA- I'll also be replacing the front sight with a taller one.  It shoots high even with the rear sight run all the way down.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#12]
In stock here: until 10/15/14

WWW.the-armory.com

9mm and 45 acp
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
they don't have the 2011 tactical they have only others that look like it unless i totally looked over it...
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
We had one of the hi-cap's in the shop a few weeks ago. It was the funky .22 TCM (?) that could convert to a 9mm. It was pretty nice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My dealer only charged me $670 for mine, which seems like an absolute bargain next to the Para version I saw at the gun shop for $1370.  So far I'm more impressed with RIA quality than I have been with Para. It seems quite accurate,  but the factory mag is junk.  I'm going to convert mine to STI/SVI mags anyway so I'm not too concerned about it.  I just had a local friend make a nice custom Kydex holster for it.  The only other plans are a good drop in trigger kit and lots of shooting.

ETA- I'll also be replacing the front sight with a taller one.  It shoots high even with the rear sight run all the way down.
View Quote
RIA uses Para mags right? They aren't good?

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's just an issue caused by the 9mm cartridge being too short.  I picked up a couple SPS mags and they aren't working any better.  I'm going to make some spacers for the mags out of 14 gauge stainless.  If I force all the rounds to the front of the mag it will feed a few until the recoil moves them to the back of the mag again.
  I installed an STI mag catch that holds both the SPS and factory Para/Mecgar mags much better than the factory catch, but it's a little short so it's difficult to compress far enough to drop the mag.  I'm going to try an extended STI catch next.  I think that will be the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think it's just an issue caused by the 9mm cartridge being too short.  I picked up a couple SPS mags and they aren't working any better.  I'm going to make some spacers for the mags out of 14 gauge stainless.  If I force all the rounds to the front of the mag it will feed a few until the recoil moves them to the back of the mag again.

I installed an STI mag catch that holds both the SPS and factory Para/Mecgar mags much better than the factory catch, but it's a little short so it's difficult to compress far enough to drop the mag.  I'm going to try an extended STI catch next.  I think that will be the ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course there had to be a catch with such a cool but affordable gun!

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#18]
It seems from what I've gleaned from the net that some guns work fine without spacers in the mags, and some don't.  (Maybe it would work with a ramped barrel?)  All of the mags I've tried so far work with just a few rounds, but after loading about 5 rounds the top cartridge begins to nose down so that only the rim is touching the feed lips.  I haven't heard any complaints about the 22TCMs not feeding, and they are 38 Super length, so I'm guessing that it is indeed an issue with the short 9mm rounds not stacking well in the mag without a spacer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
mine has been working just fine. I use my iown loads. 135 gr extreme plated @1.135 coal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
mine has been working just fine. I use my iown loads. 135 gr extreme plated @1.135 coal.
http://youtu.be/sdEqtLbFwvQ
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top