Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2014 9:33:43 PM EDT
Figured I'd post this before someone else beat me to it.

What it appears to me is DB took the idea of the Strike One but put the Browning style lock back in it and made the slide steel, but has managed to get the unloaded weight to am astonishing 21.5 ounces. 15+1 magazine with a "built miniskirt". 4.75 inch barrel, double action striker fired with a peep hole in the backplate as well as an M&P esque peephole for confirmation of a loaded chamber. ˜5.5 pound trigger pull. Slide and barrel are coated in Melonite. 7.8" long X 5.6" tall X 1" wide. Pretty generous real estate on the slide serrations as well as a generous price. MSRP= (drumroll please) a whopping $483 dollars

Source-http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/product?id=69
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Not impressed.

Bore axis looks high, and looks like a lot of other pistols.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Interdasting.

I would try one out. Kind of looks like a budget P09 wanna-be.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if this takes Beretta/Taurus 92 series magazines? If so then spares might be dirt cheap, even if this is a new pistol.

The DB FS Nine doesn't look innovative, but then again how much innovation has their been with popular bolt guns in the last 50+ years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting a double stack gun down to 1" width is pretty damn impressive. Alot of single stacks don't even measure that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Guy at work has a DB9 it functioned fine for ~600 rounds then "the recoil spring started to unwind and got jammed under the slide".  He sent it back for repair under warranty and they fixed it within about 2 weeks, he did have to pay shipping. He got it back and took it to the range and it broke again on the very first shot, now he says "the slide isn't touching the trigger reset, it just goes right over top of it there is a gap."  This time they paid the shipping but said it would be about 6 weeks to fix it.  

I didn't feel like making a new thread for it because it's not my gun I just figured I would hijack the next DB thread and interject.  

Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guy at work has a DB9 it functioned fine for ~600 rounds then "the recoil spring started to unwind and got jammed under the slide".  He sent it back for repair under warranty and they fixed it within about 2 weeks, he did have to pay shipping. He got it back and took it to the range and it broke again on the very first shot, now he says "the slide isn't touching the trigger reset, it just goes right over top of it there is a gap."  This time they paid the shipping but said it would be about 6 weeks to fix it.  

I didn't feel like making a new thread for it because it's not my gun I just figured I would hijack the next DB thread and interject.  

Carry on.
View Quote

The first issue look like the two piece recoil guide came apart inside the pistol. That would make disassembly rather difficult.

The second issue is strange because the slide does not reset the trigger like you mention. Sounds like the striker/firing pin and sear might have issues or the portion of the trigger bar that acts as a disconnector is not being reset from the slide movement. Either way having a dead trigger on a $350-$399 pistol is BS.

I have little use for the DB9 when there are better choices in the market that are ok to use +P ammo.

We now return the thread back to the DB FS Nine.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Show me the 9mm micro pistol that is as small as the DB9 which can shoot +P

And no, the CM9 is not as small.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm curious to see if they squeezed the magazine body itself slimmer and therefore decreased overall capacity or if it was poor magazine design because a lot of the magazines nowadays that size are 17+ rounds
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would not buy the CM9 (or PM9) either, as I prefer the steel framed Kahr's over their polymer models. Both the CM and PM are longer (slightly), thicker, and heavier than the DB9, but I would not call any of these micro 9x19's big.

All of this is Off Topic.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#11]
My DB9 will only shoot Federal ball ammo, nothing else.  It will only fire 2-3 rounds of that before jamming.  I have 3 magazines and all do that.  I understand from another site that putting a PF9 mag spring and cutting off 2 links and putting it in the mag will solve the problem, I'll report back when I know.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My DB9 will only shoot Federal ball ammo, nothing else.  It will only fire 2-3 rounds of that before jamming.  I have 3 magazines and all do that.  I understand from another site that putting a PF9 mag spring and cutting off 2 links and putting it in the mag will solve the problem, I'll report back when I know.
View Quote

As I recall I was the one who recommended the gun to you, I'm sorry you are having such difficulties.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm curious to see if they squeezed the magazine body itself slimmer and therefore decreased overall capacity or if it was poor magazine design because a lot of the magazines nowadays that size are 17+ rounds
View Quote

Or maybe they decided to use an existing magazine body and design the pistol around that. I hypothesized about the 92 series magazine because of Diamondback's parent company. It's easier to install an enlarged magazine pad onto an existing magazine (as it appears they did) then design a new one, but until these are out in the market, who knows?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As I recall I was the one who recommended the gun to you, I'm sorry you are having such difficulties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sweat, I guarantee I'll get it working.  Or blow it up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or maybe they decided to use an existing magazine body and design the pistol around that. I hypothesized about the 92 series magazine because of Diamondback's parent company. It's easier to install an enlarged magazine pad onto an existing magazine (as it appears they did) then design a new one, but until these are out in the market, who knows?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they did and it can be removed to make it flush with the grip that would be cool, it is pretty long in the grip as is. Sort of negates the slimness of the width by making the grip so damn long.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.kygunco.com/diamondback-db-fs-nine-pistol-9mm-475in-15rd-black-76091

$364 at KyGunCo.

Not a bad price for a full sized 9mm handgun with a full rail.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If they did and it can be removed to make it flush with the grip that would be cool, it is pretty long in the grip as is. Sort of negates the slimness of the width by making the grip so damn long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just checked it out at NRAAM and it takes Beretta 92 magazines. They come with Check Mate dry lubes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just checked it out at NRAAM and it takes Beretta 92 magazines. They come with Check Mate dry lubes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooh don't they make those in a 17 or 18 round flavor?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the 18 rounders are extended and will not accept the DB floorplate. Also it appears that their is another magazine catch milled into the mag body.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not impressed.

View Quote

Almost all pistols share very similar features. There really isnt much else you can do. And bore height is average. Most of the popular pistols on the market are o a millimeter or two different.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Bore height debates are such BS. Like it says above, they are all really close. 1911 guys dont bitch about bore height, they just shoot holes through time and space. Lots of great guns with"high" bores out there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Carry on.
Update on this one, they took about 7 weeks to fix it.

On the first magazine it sheared the barrel lug clean off. Like it was cut with a laser.

They sent a new barrel and he immediately took it to a pawn shop and got a sccy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Update on this one, they took about 7 weeks to fix it.    

On the first magazine it sheared the barrel lug clean off. Like it was cut with a laser.

They sent a new barrel and he immediately took it to a pawn shop and got a sccy.
View Quote

The SCCY is a good pistol for what it is. I do not think it's for a first time buyer, but its not bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I just placed one on layaway. They ordered it today. It is the new model with the FDE frame. The price is $279.00 + shipping. I'm hoping for the best as it appears to be cool. I will advise when I get it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

kimber solo i shoot +p+147 gn no issues very accurate.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I picked one of these up today at my local FFL for $375 otd.   It appears to me that an XD and M&P gang banged a Glock.  So far I really like it and cant wait to shoot it.

ETA
And than I saw the post for Buds @ $285
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#28]
a dealer local to me had them for $260 on BF weekend.  Still passed.  Just to sketchy to me, of course it is too big to carry so for a range gun a breakdown really isn't an issue though
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#29]
The fact that it isn't rated for +P combined with proprietary magazines make it a no go for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Not impressed.

View Quote
Not high at all, I handled it today and it feels great in my hand plus bore sits lower than Glock's

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for this tip.  I will try it if I have problems when I shoot my new DB-9 next spring.

I really like the size and shape of the DB-9 for a pocket pistol.  It would be great if it actually holds up and functions properly.  I don't plan to shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it but I do need to shoot it enough to know if it is reliable.  For now, I will continue to pocket carry my Ruger LCR.  It is not perfect for pocket carry but IT WORKS AND IS RELIABLE.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The fact that it isn't rated for +P combined with proprietary magazines make it a no go for me.
View Quote

Dont most guns only take their own magazines?  lol
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Bump. I can find the locally for sub $300.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top