Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2014 6:04:52 PM EDT
Just got my new Canik tp9  the other day and i have to say that all in all im very happy with the over all fit and finish.  I would like to put some different sights or night sights on it.. so does anyone out there know what will fit on this gun  and where i can look ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just got my new Canik tp9  the other day and i have to say that all in all im very happy with the over all fit and finish.  I would like to put some different sights or night sights on it.. so does anyone out there know what will fit on this gun  and where i can look ?
View Quote

I put a set of Meprolight 18800 three-dot sights for the Walther P99 on mine...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Forrest

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Thanks ill look into those... how hard was it to replace the sights with new ones  ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Extremely easy...

All you need is the little hex driver for the hex nut on the front sight.  If I'm remembering correctly, I used one designed for the Glock.

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats. I'm very interested in any follow up feedback you have after you've been using it a while. Seems like an incredible value.

One of the reviews on Youtube noted minor issues - failure to reset striker (cock) and failure to lock the slide after final round. They followed up and indicated that issues were resolved after they did a thorough cleaning of the factory grime.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had mine now for 8 months and have over 1000 RDS through it.  My only minor gripe is that I don't like how wide the rear sight is because I'm used to my Dawson block sights.  The pistol has been completely reliable and combat accurate.  I have been a heavy block guy for 20 years and love them so this was a shot in the dark that has been a pleasant and cheap surprise.  I think they are a great value but I am aware that if I ever did need service of any kind it might not be there a few years from now just by the nature of these types of imports.  So far so good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top