Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Got to carry and shoot today with the coppergungrips. The grip texture is very rough. Like 50 grit sandpaper rough. They would grab the fabric of my t-shirt and were very uncomfortable against bare skin. I wouldn't recommend them for concealed carry or open carry where they would contact your clothing.

I would recommend them for a range gun. Put another box of ammo through her today and the grips felt great.  All the grip they offer locks your hand to the gun. Did not have to readjust my grip once after a shot, even through a ten round string of shots.

It still shoots low and to the left. I tried drift the rear sight last night with a delrin punch but it wouldn't budge. I an going to try a bigger hammer this weekend but it's starting to sound like an excuse to buy a sight pusher
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The front sight was not pre drilled. Once I installed the front sight in the slot on the front of the slide, I found a drill bit that fit the whole. Then I drilled through it and put the pin back in. Everything is tight.

Hopefully will shoot it tomorrow or Sat!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sight set is from Cajun Gun Works as well. It includes a Target rear and FO front sight. The old rear sight was a bear to get out. I put in the Front sight and got some help from a local smith with the rear.

Have not had it to the range with the new sights yet. Looking forward to that!

Was the front sight pre drilled for the pin? They list pre drilled front sights for CZ75s but it doesn't say that in their canik/tristar parts. I was looking at those sights also.

The front sight was not pre drilled. Once I installed the front sight in the slot on the front of the slide, I found a drill bit that fit the whole. Then I drilled through it and put the pin back in. Everything is tight.

Hopefully will shoot it tomorrow or Sat!

I am interested in those sites, let us know how they shoot.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I put 100 rounds through it (P120) with the new sights. Very accurate! I was shooting a couple of plate racks and was knocking down
with little effort! The lighter trigger helps too! Love shooting that pistol!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I put 100 rounds through it (P120) with the new sights. Very accurate! I was shooting a couple of plate racks and was knocking down
with little effort! The lighter trigger helps too! Love shooting that pistol!
View Quote

Thanks. Did you get their spring kit also?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I put in CGWs spring kit and sights for Tristar/Caniks. The trigger pull in DA &SA are lighter with the spring kit installed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the TP-9 in OD Green for $320 and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Some have commented about the trigger but I found it very workable and accurate you just have to get used to it. I'm looking forward to the new striker fired version they have coming out and will purchase that as well. I've also been eyeing the compact version of the one you have a picture of (can't remember the model) but it's a cz clone. Overall I am very satisfied with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought the TP-9 in OD Green for $320  I'm looking forward to the new striker fired version they have coming out and will purchase that as well. .
View Quote
The tp9 is striker fired already
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the compact version of one of these pistols and I love it. This is the most underrated handgun out there...in fact ALL the CZ75 clones made in Turkey are great! Bargain priced as well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been looking hard at getting an S-120, but who will service these pistols if the internal parts are not compatible with CZ-75 parts?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Century^
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Century^
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered a Tristar P-120 on Sunday. Was eyeballing a CZ P-01 but wanted a safety instead of a decocker. Now I notice the Stingray is a P-01 clone with a safety......good thing they are inexpensive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just ordered a Tristar P-120 on Sunday. Was eyeballing a CZ P-01 but wanted a safety instead of a decocker. Now I notice the Stingray is a P-01 clone with a safety......good thing they are inexpensive.
View Quote

CZ makes a P-02 with the manual safety, but they are very rare here in the States for some bizarre reason.

This is heresy to the CZ fans, so I risk death by burning for posting it:  Personally, I found my Stingray to have better quality machining than the current CZs.
I see no reason to buy the more expensive, but lower quality CZ over a Canik.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

CZ makes a P-02 with the manual safety, but they are very rare here in the States for some bizarre reason.

This is heresy to the CZ fans, so I risk death by burning for posting it:  Personally, I found my Stingray to have better quality machining than the current CZs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree. Hoping to handle a C-100 when I pick up the P-120. The low price of the Stingray makes me want to pick one up just on principle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Picked up my P-120 today. Have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the machining and overall fit/finish of the pistol. Eyeballing the Stingray from J&G @ 2/3 the price and a c-100 for a lighter weight possible carry piece.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
FYI you might wanna keep an eye on the frame finish.  A guy on sksboards has had his a little over two months and the finish is flaking off around the mag release already.  His is the all black version.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top