Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2013 6:55:00 AM EDT
Anyone here have experiance with Canik55 (CZ clone) pistols? Their "Piranha F" and "Piranha CF" have caught my attention.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 Canik 55 Stingray-C models. Great guns, hard chrome, all steel, fully ambidextrous adjustable sights, tight fit and great shooters. Well made and a deal for the $379 they cost. Mags are Mecgars, $29 each from Tristar buy one you won't regret it. I also have a Tristar, (canik shark-C) imported by Tristar as the T-120, same mags, top quality at only $329. Alloy frame, Steel slide, chromed. Very nice also. I can't say enough good about them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Word is that the Tristar P-120 (Canik55 Piranha) will be here mid November, I plan to get one of each :)
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a blued Canik55 Stingray-C and a TriStar L-120 (alloy frame, lightweight fullsize )... Both have been flawless and both have eaten at least a case and a half of ammo.
I use the MecGar CZ75b 16rd mags in both and carry the Stingray with the factory compact mags... Both have had factory grips replaced with VZ grips made for the CZ75 (compact and fullsize respectively).

I would rate them as some of the best bargains on the current market.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Been seriously considering a S-120 (full size cz75b clone / steel frame).... That  Piranah full size certainy looks like a viable option.
Off to various online dealer sources....
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it November yet! I want that P120 :)

Any pics of your Caniks?
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up this S-120. $390 out the door at a local show.

It's big, all-steel, and heavy, but I like my pistols that way. Very well-made. Haven't shot it yet, but I suspect it'll do quite well given the reputation these pistols have for accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
This looks like a great replacement for the CZ75 Compact that I have been looking everywhere for. Where are these made, Canada?
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This looks like a great replacement for the CZ75 Compact that I have been looking everywhere for. Where are these made, Canada?
View Quote

They're made by Samsun Surt Savunma, one of Turkey's largest defense contractors. Canik 55 is their small-arms division.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They're made by Samsun Surt Savunma, one of Turkey's largest defense contractors. Canik 55 is their small-arms division.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Thanks for the link. I guess I'll have to go to Academy and check them out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's very odd that on Canik55 site, all Shark models have 15 round magazines. Somehow when they came here, full size Shark got 17 rounds, Shark-FC still has 15 round but is priced over $100 more than Shark.

Tristar T-120 which is full size Shark has 17 round an 19 round out there, but no 15 round option.

This is becoming quite an annoyance as NJ only allows mags up to 15 round.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#11]
They all basically use Mecgar magazines that fit the CZ75.  My stingray fullsize listed 15 round magazines but the were dead ringers for Mecgar 17 round AFC mags.  CZ use to supply 15 round mags up until about 10 years ago.  You could get the compact version and that would ensure you have mags 15 rounds or under.  David
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#12]
My Google fu is failing me, does anyone know if they make a BD clone, a decocker only?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They all basically use Mecgar magazines that fit the CZ75.  My stingray fullsize listed 15 round magazines but the were dead ringers for Mecgar 17 round AFC mags.  CZ use to supply 15 round mags up until about 10 years ago.  You could get the compact version and that would ensure you have mags 15 rounds or under.  David
View Quote
Hmm....I thought they used Tanfoglio mags.

That makes these even more tempting.  I'd like to try out the alloy framed compact.  I carry a 75b Compact daily and I love that gun, but something a little lighter would be nice.

How is the trigger on these?  Are parts compatible with CZ?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Virtually none of the internal parts are compatible with the CZs. Grips and sights will generally work with some minor fitting, though.

Trigger on mine is actually pretty nice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe you are right about the Mecgar mags, but I can't find any mecgar ones for CZ that's 15 rounds. Right now the issue is I got a Tristar T120 without its 19 round mags, so I have to find some NJ legal mags for it. Don't think the compact version would fit since it's a full size pistol. I read it somewhere that Shark-C mags didn't fit in full size Shark.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#16]
mister2cool ,I will check my stock of CZ and Witness mags and see if I have any that are 15rd mags.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
mister2cool ,I will check my stock of CZ and Witness mags and see if I have any that are 15rd mags.
View Quote

Thanks! I did a lot of search online and found 15 round ProMag for CZ75 and Baby Eagle, (Part # CZ-A1), but definitely came up empty handed with Mec-Gar. I wonder if they actually used 17 round Mec-Gar but claimed them to be 15. I have read some people mention that they were able to fit 17 in their mag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#18]
mister2cool.
I found a OLD style CZ or clone magazine that I verified holds only 15 rds. It is for a full size pistol, it fits my T100 but stocks out the bottom about 1/2".
The magazine as is does not lock the slide back on my Canik T100, nor my Small frame Witness as is but if I swap followers and install a New style CZ follower it fits and locks the slide back on the last round .
Email me if you are interested in the magazine and we will work something out !
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like some of the online retailers have the Tristar p-120 in stock now.... Anyone pick one up yet? Thats the next purchase on my list....
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Handled a TP-9 at shot show and felt great. Might be looking at getting one now. Century has extra mags and spare parts if u need them. How can u beat $299.00 for that pistol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Handled a TP-9 at shot show and felt great. Might be looking at getting one now. Century has extra mags and spare parts if u need them. How can u beat $299.00 for that pistol.
View Quote

I have a couple that I'm very happy with...

And Walther P99 night sights fit, to boot...

Forrest
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I like that Piranha F pistol
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#23]
These Canik pistols look very underrated! I didn't know much about these pistols until shot show but handled a few of them there and was very impressed by them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:37:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure thats the same as the Tristar P-120. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pretty sure thats the same as the Tristar P-120. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You appear to be correct, I found a dealer here that has one. I'm going to have to go look at it before the market catches up like they did with the Witnesses.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You appear to be correct, I found a dealer here that has one. I'm going to have to go look at it before the market catches up like they did with the Witnesses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know what you think, Im in the market for one but havent seen them in person yet
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
double post. oops
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Aren't these pistols from the same factory that markets them under the Armalite AR-24 name ?

Overall I really like the CZ-75/85 pattern pistols, I love my ITM made (Switzerland) CZ-75 version...
As bulletproof as can be, and dead nuts accurate out to 100 meters (ask me how I know ).

These Turkish versions seem very nice for the money...
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Aren't these pistols from the same factory that markets them under the Armalite AR-24 name ?

Overall I really like the CZ-75/85 pattern pistols, I love my ITM made (Switzerland) CZ-75 version...
As bulletproof as can be, and dead nuts accurate out to 100 meters (ask me how I know ).

These Turkish versions seem very nice for the money...
View Quote

Nope. Different company. The AR-24 was made by Sarsilmaz (aka SAR Arms).
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Just picked up my P-120. Not exactly like the piranha pictured... I'll take pics when I get home
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice, if you don't mind what was the $$$$

The one listed at the gun shop here is a T120
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nice, if you don't mind what was the $$$$

The one listed at the gun shop here is a T120
View Quote

Got it from grabagun, but I live locally so I had to pay TX tax. They have it listed for $382.06, ended up being $413 out the door(I picked it up from them so no transfer fee)
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I picked up a canik TP-9. Can't beat the price and it looks like a well built handgun. Just need to go put some rounds thru it! These Canik's look very underrated.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I may get one in a month or so. That Pirhana looks awesome. My CC has to cool off after buying my M11
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Came with two 17 round mecgar magazines.

ETA: this is a tristar T120 which is the same as canik shark.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone try any holsters with these? I am thinking Jericho 941 and CZ sp-01 holsters should work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone try any holsters with these? I am thinking Jericho 941 and CZ sp-01 holsters should work.
View Quote

My holster search was less than fruitful but it looks like Alien Gear is making a holster for the shark model so there is a IWB/OWB holster available. Also found a place called Cajun Gun Works that makes trigger mods and has a set of competition sites.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a Tristar P120. Great gun! I put in the spring kit from Cajun Gun works. I added a new set of sights with a FO front sight. I put a set of CZ grips on it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have a Tristar P120. Great gun! I put in the spring kit from Cajun Gun works. I added a new set of sights with a FO front sight. I put a set of CZ grips on it.

<a href="http://s298.photobucket.com/user/Frankl03/media/8ccd6c8e-06ae-47c4-9d76-eb07846aea46.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/Frankl03/8ccd6c8e-06ae-47c4-9d76-eb07846aea46.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s298.photobucket.com/user/Frankl03/media/cb785655-2b5b-4df3-b25c-73aaa8d8dabb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/Frankl03/cb785655-2b5b-4df3-b25c-73aaa8d8dabb.jpg</a>

View Quote

Details on the sights? I have ordered a safariland sp-01 holster and plan to order some grips. Did those CZ grips drop in or did they have to be modified?

Edit: just ordered some grips from coppergungrips
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#41]
The sight set is from Cajun Gun Works as well. It includes a Target rear and FO front sight. The old rear sight was a bear to get out. I put in the Front sight and got some help from a local smith with the rear.

Have not had it to the range with the new sights yet. Looking forward to that!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The sight set is from Cajun Gun Works as well. It includes a Target rear and FO front sight. The old rear sight was a bear to get out. I put in the Front sight and got some help from a local smith with the rear.

View Quote

Was the front sight pre drilled for the pin? They list pre drilled front sights for CZ75s but it doesn't say that in their canik/tristar parts. I was looking at those sights also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#43]
-Range Report-
I put a box of ammo through my T120 and the action was very smooth. This is my first CZ action pistol and the side return made me smile. There was no ka-cluck like with a glock or M&P. It smoothly chambered a round and I could not feel it pick up the round or the lugs lock into place. Recoil was what I expected and there was minimal muzzle flip making for great double taps. I was shooting brass cased WWB and tulammo brass max.
   Accuracy was what I expected from informal shooting at a box from 10 paces. My groups were about 6 inches left of aim and upon inspection later my rear sight is a good bit left of center. I am going to try and knock it straight and shoot at an indoor range with real targets and such.
   I did shoot one round of Winchester ranger 127grn +p+ and the slide impacted the frame hard. A +lb recoil spring might be a good upgrade. With the target ammo the slide did seem to  impact the frame with a little force. (I say that under the assumption that this would be a game gun (that is what I plan on using mine for)).
Over all I felt like the gun shot as well as it felt. The action was smooth and the trigger felt good. Comparing to my sig 228 the trigger had more take up/ stacking but the break was just as crisp.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I ordered a safariland 5198-490-411 holster ment for a SP-01 from Wal-Mart. Cost about $28 after tax. The canik tp120 would not fully seat because the holster was molded for the SP-01s shorter slide/frame. I worked the end of the holster with the heat gun for about 30 seconds and inserted the gun. Then I used a towel to mold the hot kydex to the slide. It was simple and I am very happy with the results.

PS my grips come Monday and I will feel bad if nobody else posts before they get here
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Just put the canik55 tp120 on the scale. It weighs 27oz dry and 38.1oz loaded (18 rounds of 124grn 9mm.)
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I had a Stingray-C in FDE, a CZ  P-02 clone with ambi controls. I'm left handed, so this is important.
It was nice, but the steel frame made it a brick to carry. So, I sold it to a friend.

One of these days, I will get a T-100 and have a gunsmith add the ambi slide stop and convert it to DAO.
That would be a nearly perfect addition to the carry rotation for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#47]
My grips from coppergungrips.com arrived today. They came is a padded envelope and when I ripped that open the gripped were packaged in a baggie and wrapped in foam. Overall pleased with the packaging.
   These are advertised as drop in replacements for canik/tristar guns and they installed without modification. They have a pumice stone texture that while aggressive is not offensive. These grips are in FDE and they offer many different colors.

With the factory grips the width of the gun was 31mm at the top of the grips and tapered to 36mm at the bottom of the grip. The coppergungrips came in at 35mm at the widest spot but have a hour glass shape and feel much better than feel much better than the factory grips in ergonomics and texture.

At half the price of VZ grips and drop in installation I could not pass these up. Ordering was smooth and shipping was fast. The grips feel great and I would not hesitate to do business with this company again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Ended up getting a Black Stingray. It's a sweet gun. Very well made. It's a heavy bastard too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My grips from coppergungrips.com arrived today. They came is a padded envelope and when I ripped that open the gripped were packaged in a baggie and wrapped in foam. Overall pleased with the packaging.
   These are advertised as drop in replacements for canik/tristar guns and they installed without modification. They have a pumice stone texture that while aggressive is not offensive. These grips are in FDE and they offer many different colors.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2heh7cj.jpg
   With the factory grips the width of the gun was 31mm at the top of the grips and tapered to 36mm at the bottom of the grip. The coppergungrips came in at 35mm at the widest spot but have a hour glass shape and feel much better than feel much better than the factory grips in ergonomics and texture.
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w644/fatcat4620/20140908_204208_zps8jvfatp8.jpg
   At half the price of VZ grips and drop in installation I could not pass these up. Ordering was smooth and shipping was fast. The grips feel great and I would not hesitate to do business with this company again.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/ke9lyh.jpg
View Quote

I saw those while shopping for the Stingray, but shied away because there were no independent reviews at the time.
Please let us know how grippy they are shooting and if they cling to your t-shirt while CCWing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Was the front sight pre drilled for the pin? They list pre drilled front sights for CZ75s but it doesn't say that in their canik/tristar parts. I was looking at those sights also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The front sight was not pre drilled. Once I installed the front sight in the slot on the front of the slide, I found a drill bit that fit the whole. Then I drilled through it and put the pin back in. Everything is tight.

Hopefully will shoot it tomorrow or Sat!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top