Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:22:15 AM EDT
Does anyone know who makes the best MAC-10 / MAC-11 style handguns?
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Masterpiece Arms
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm hearing that a lot.  I used to have a Cobray M/11.  How does the Masterpiece Arms stack up against the Cobray in terms of quality and reliability?
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
MPA has much better quality and a good warranty. They cost under $400 the last time I looked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdNSOR6iGA

im partial to my veocity VMAC-9

SW
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
MPA is probably your best bet.  Or you could weld up your own

MPA's cost less though
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in the market for a used RPB Industries, open bolt, semi-automatic M11. I found one at an estate sale. The only thing that sucks about the mini-mac is finding magazines. I have found "1" that is due to be delivered today. I like to have at least 5-7 mags minimum for each weapon I own. As for a new one I still hear MPA is the way to go. I paid less for my RPB Industries than what a new MPA costs. If you look around enough you can find one for a decent price.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]
honestly, they're all crap.

I've owned a semi. I've owned an open bolt semi. and now I own the NFA subgun.

It's a cheap bullet hose. Without full auto, it's just a cheap, bulky, piece of crap.

At least that's my personal take.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
The new MPA's take sten mags which can be found easily and cheaply.  Older guns can have the sten conversion, which is just a new grip.  The old one gets cut off and a new one tack welded on.  Simple sheetmetal guns, like working on a car.  I agree that they are big clunky and not so practical.  They are lots of fun though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The new MPA's take sten mags which can be found easily and cheaply.  Older guns can have the sten conversion, which is just a new grip.  The old one gets cut off and a new one tack welded on.  Simple sheetmetal guns, like working on a car.  I agree that they are big clunky and not so practical.  They are lots of fun though.

Sorry for the hi-jack OP. I'm new to M11's but I like mine a lot. Mine is a mini-mac chambered in .380. So your saying that I can have a new grip put on it and use easier to find mags???
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
By mini mac do you mean one where the receiver doesn't really extend past the trigger guard?  Either way.... the sten mags are 9mm, I don't know anything about .380 to be able to say if the sten mags will feed .380 or not.  For the 9mm macs the grip/magwell can be cut off, the magazine hole on the underside of the receiver opened up with a dremel or file to fit the sten mag, and the new magwell can be tacked on.  My magwell came from FTF, sten mags cost about $20.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
honestly, they're all crap.

I've owned a semi. I've owned an open bolt semi. and now I own the NFA subgun.

It's a cheap bullet hose. Without full auto, it's just a cheap, bulky, piece of crap.

At least that's my personal take.

This.

I certainly wouldn't refer to a Mac 10/11 (even a semi) as a "handgun."

An SBRed semi would be kinda kewl to own, but as a "pistol" without a stock?

Meh.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 3:30:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
By mini mac do you mean one where the receiver doesn't really extend past the trigger guard?  Either way.... the sten mags are 9mm, I don't know anything about .380 to be able to say if the sten mags will feed .380 or not.  For the 9mm macs the grip/magwell can be cut off, the magazine hole on the underside of the receiver opened up with a dremel or file to fit the sten mag, and the new magwell can be tacked on.  My magwell came from FTF, sten mags cost about $20.

The MAC11 in .380 is just a slightly smaller version of the MAC10. It looks the same only slightly smaller. I fear I'm stuck looking for original mags as nobody is currently producing M11 mags. The big dealers have been on back order forever and they don't know if/when they are going to get anymore.

Update:
I finally found some original M11 magazines thank God. I love this little Mac11.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe my homebrew mac is considered an M11, in 9mm.  A little bit skinnier and longer than an M10.  Head over to the mac forums @ uzitalk.com.  Those guys will be able to give you more info.
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#14]
MPA.=They machine the parts and heat treat them.

Cobray=The original zytel mags(plastic) were meant to be "disposable" lol surplus suomi smg mags work but you gotta cut the mag catch notch in the right place.
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Masterpiece Arms MAC10 .45

The gun has a wonky trigger and sometimes a bullet will feed and get jammed against the top of the barrel hood.

By wonky trigger I mean the gun will often sometimes fail to fire, the trigger is reset but nothing happens when I pull the trigger. The trigger will wobble like its on the verse of releasing the hammer. The trigger has to reset due to the trigger slap, it's impossible for it to not reset. So I remove the magazine, jack out the unfired cartridge then re-insert magazine and chamber the round it it will fire. Sometimes it will double on me.

The gun is VERY easy to bump fire. You can dump magazine instantly with it. The gun is also heavy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top