Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2015 12:55:02 PM EDT
I have had the pistol for 7-8 years and about 6-8 months ago I started having problems with the mag just falling to the floor when firing it (my thumb is NOT riding the mag release button).   This happens across 3 different mags.

So I bought a new mag catch and spring from Kahr and installed them.  Problem was fixed for a while but now is back.  I now have zero confidence in this gun so I no longer carry it.

I called Kahr and they said to replace the two parts again.  They appear to know full well about this problem as I got a big sigh out of the guy on the other end of the phone.  The mag now falls out on the very first round and it does the same thing for friends of mine who I let shoot it.

Anyone else have this problem?  Replace the mag catch yet again?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Well shit, after reading this I may reconsider my purchase. Was planning on picking one up shortly for my main summer carry. However if the mag falls out consistently, that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Best of luck OP and I hope you find the answer to your situation.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered up both parts yesterday.  About $25 shipped.  Should have them installed next week.  Will try to update later.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Going on a month now.  Kahr can't get me a lousy spring.  It's back-ordered.  I asked how much longer and they can't even give me a ballpark date, no end in sight.  

I asked for someone to go out on the manufacturing line and get me a spring from a new production gun.  They won't do that.  I guess PM9s are not in production right now or something?  What bullshit.  I am done with Kahr and bought a Glock 43 as I have to carry something.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My CW9 never worked even after all the fan boy fluff and buff from the Kahr site.  Multiple mag catch failures and dropping mags was just one of many CW9 problems caused by the cheap plastic frame flexing and a way too big mag well that let mags twist away from the catch.

After its last trip to the factory, I never fired it, but recycled it, with disclosure, into a Glock 19,  well used, which has never ever malfunctioned.

I suspected it had had a hard life and needed work.  Absolute perfect function since I've owned it.

The reason?  A friendly Glock  armorer replaced every loose small part before I ever fired it for free updating it to Glock stardards.  That is Glock's standard of Customer Service.

Take that Moonies!

Pick another brand.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had this problem with my PM9.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:55:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Never had this problem with any of the seven Kahrs I've owned over the years.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top