Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:30:19 PM EDT
I own a Glock 42 that's been a train wreck, and I'm considering replacing it with another .380 as my daily carry. In any event, I really liked the CW380 after handling the usual *suspects* (Ruger, S&W, Kimber, Colt, Sig etc), but I've read extensively on these little guns and I'm afraid the Kahr is going to take me on a trip akin to my Glock. I have to say the fit and finish on the Kahr was terrific, but I'm still not sure. Any words of wisdom for me, as I sit squarely on the fence?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Try one. You should be able to pick one up for $250 or so if you find a sale. Break it down, lube it appropriately, take it to the range and run 200-300 rounds through it. Stick with high quality, RN ammo. If you have issues after that point, Kahr is pretty responsive (in general) about fixing them. Some people get a good one, some people get a squirrelly one. Mine has been mostly good, but I haven't even finished getting 200 rounds through it.

I really like the size, weight, and fit-finish of it, though. Plus, the triggers are great. Worst case, you could sell it off if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a G42 in March of 2014 that had all the updated parts. It was a complete piece of crap. I sold it and bought a CW380 that has been 100% since day one. I would not hesitate to ditch the G42 for a CW380.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several 380 carry pistols including the CW380,CT380, P380 (black NS) , Kimber Micro Raptor, Mustang XSP,Body Guard and LCP just to name a few. For straight up pocket carry  day after day the P380 and CW380 pistols are my favorite. All of the above pistols have been flawless performers using good ammo the CW380 runs great with all the ammo I've tried in it except one type: The factory  Barnes  TAC XP which all my 380 pistols hate and jam with , it seems under powered load wise. The CW380 is also a great value at less than $300 if you shop around.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Another trouble free cw380 owner here. Cleaned and lubed it initially dry fired it at least 500 times and then started shooting. Has never had a malfunction of any kind through 600 rounds of mixed ammo including 100 each of Hornady Custom and Fiocchi Extrema (both xtp loads).

I recently tried using the Pearce pinky extensions and realized they didn't really add anything, it shoots fine without it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I picked one up yesterday, and I'm going to clean it, and do some dry firing before the first range session. More to follow!
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just shot mine for the first time today.

I'm coming from a P3AT that was my BUG for 5 years or so.  

I shoot the Kahr much better than the Keltec.
I was having some failure to go into battery/failure to feed initially.  Was shooting PMC and WWB.  After a few magazines it was becoming less frequent.  Put some gold dot in it and 3 magazines of that had no issues.  

After 100rds or so it shot 4-5 mags with no issues so I called it a day.  It needs more break-in I suspect, as it does not lock back on an empty magazine, but its coming along.  

Overall I dig it, much better sights/trigger than I expected.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was having some failure to go into battery/failure to feed initially.  Was shooting PMC and WWB.  After a few magazines it was becoming less frequent.  Put some gold dot in it and 3 magazines of that had no issues.  
After 100rds or so it shot 4-5 mags with no issues so I called it a day.  It needs more break-in I suspect, as it does not lock back on an empty magazine, but its coming along.  

View Quote

I hope mine doesn't require too much tinkering. I have a Glock 42 for that...lol
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it work well for pocket carry?  I am debating between the CW380 and Ruger LCP.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does it work well for pocket carry?  I am debating between the CW380 and Ruger LCP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Works great for me.  I had the P3AT (basically an LCP).

It is perhaps slightly thicker (due to the slide stop), and weighs a little more but overall I don't notice a difference carrying it vs the P3AT.  

I use a Desantis nemesis holster  

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:36:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, yes it does! I've owned two different LCP's before. I would definitely choose the CW380 over the LCP.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh, yes it does! I've owned two different LCP's before. I would definitely choose the CW380 over the LCP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am leaning that way too, I like that it is stainless and has a last-shot hold open.  I already have a CM9 that has been great too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought two, one for me, one for the wife. She didn't like her's and it didn't like her (never quite reliable enough for carry)

Mine? Had one or two breakin hicups, fail to go into battery type, but then settled right down and just plain works. I have a laser guard on it, + Kahr nite sites and it rides in a Remora Pocket Holster. I carry the livin' crap outta it.  

Of note; I also use and recommend Mag Guts magazine internals, adds a round to the mag and is also reliable, including feeding and slide lock open at last round.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top