Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 11:39:00 PM EDT
I'm new to Kahrs, but I have a T9 for carrying.  A few days ago, I went to load the gun before going out, and the bullet on top of the mag nose dived into the feed ramp.  When I examined the mag and bullets closer, the first two or three bullets were all slanted downward (as opposed to flat) in the mag.  Has anyone else had these issues?  If so, how do you cure it?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you slingshot or use the slide release?

I've owned seven different Kahrs and never had feeding problems... using the slide release like Kahr specifies.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That, and you MUST break them in....200 rounds well lubed according to the kahr lube points diagram...

...unless the gun is older, broken in, and the springs are well used, in which place, start thinking about replacing the mag spring...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the slide release, but it only has probably 50-70 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#4]
YES!!!!!  

I bought a Kahr CW40 two years ago.  Every time I'd fire, the mag would drop out of the mag well. (Didn't matter which of the 3 different mags I used.)
I tried everything - press seating the mag...   I tried to pull the mag out with soft-jaw vice grips, and it wouldn't budge.   It was fully seated.  

Approx 200-250 rounds late, I sent it back to Kahr.  They "repaired" it.  Now, the mag only fell out every two or three rounds.  I sent it back again.  They "repaired" it again.  It still dropped the mag on occasion.   I ended up selling it to a friend who had a CW40, and wanted it for parts.  

I'll never buy another Kahr product.  YMMV  Updated
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes waiting for replacement mag for a brand new cm9

Mine would not properly feed the last round in the mag. And yes breaking was done

Hope it is a mag problem.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
got my replacement mag ( took a month total time) and it works right now on the last shot

it appears KAHR forums have many more problem blogs than I expected

good luck with yours
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got my replacement mag ( took a month total time) and it works right now on the last shot

it appears KAHR forums have many more problem blogs than I expected

good luck with yours
View Quote

Glad yours got fixed.  I'm looking to get a CW9 now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I has feed problems pretty regularly for the first 100 or so rounds. By the time 200 rounds went through the gun it was feeding 100%.

Also, when dropping the slide on the first round, you must pull it back all the way an release. Do not ride it down, etc.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
YES!!!!!  

I bought a Kahr CW40 two years ago.  Every time I'd fire, the mag would drop out of the mag well. (Didn't matter which of the 3 different mags I used.)
I tried everything - press seating the mag...   I tried to pull the mag out with soft-jaw vice grips, and it wouldn't budge.   It was fully seated.  

Approx 200-250 rounds late, I sent it back to Kahr.  They "repaired" it.  Now, the mag only fell out every two or three rounds.  I sent it back again.  They "repaired" it again.  It still dropped the mag on occasion.   I ended up selling it to a friend who had a CW40, and wanted it for parts.  

I'll never buy another Kahr product.  YMMV  Updated
View Quote

Ever consider it was your grip? Such a small gun, it's easy to bump the mag release.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Remember, the 9mm Parabellum is a tapered case the sides are not parallel.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top