Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
So now can we have a new, shorter barreled “Detective” version of the BMP?  Never saw one in the flesh but always liked the idea.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tirador223:
So now can we have a new, shorter barreled “Detective” version of the BMP?  Never saw one in the flesh but always liked the idea.
View Quote

I'd buy one of those too, but for now I'd just be happy if the basic SA-35 were available.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Picked up a used one today from a local seller. He only shot one magazine through it. $625... considering I can't find one around here and none of my gun dealers can get one in stock I figured it was a good deal. Low 1100 serial number.

Here it is with the OG Browning Hi Power MkII

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
Picked up a used one today from a local seller. He only shot one magazine through it. $625... considering I can't find one around here and none of my gun dealers can get one in stock I figured it was a good deal. Low 1100 serial number.

Here it is with the OG Browning Hi Power MkII

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220430_104935-2367053.jpg

View Quote

You did good. If it weren't for the over sized thumb safety I couldn't tell them apart.

They are selling for a thousand and up on Gunbroker right now. My gunstore is a Springfield dealer and has never had a problem getting guns from them until now. I hope I eventually get mine. I hate for them to refund the price I paid just to spend almost double somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#6]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

You did good. If it weren't for the over sized thumb safety I couldn't tell them apart.

They are selling for a thousand and up on Gunbroker right now. My gunstore is a Springfield dealer and has never had a problem getting guns from them until now. I hope I eventually get mine. I hate for them to refund the price I paid just to spend almost double somewhere else.
View Quote

Here's what's weird. Some of the largest gun shops in my area, places I have shopped at and people I know, can't get their hands on one. But the guy that I got it from he bought it from a Ace Hardware Store in a little town in Indiana. They just happen to have a gun shop in the hardware store. They got two of them in.

Meanwhile, none of the largest gun stores in my area couldn't even get any in. I have my name on five different lists at 5 different places
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

I kept a tab open on my iPad to the Scheels site. On Saturday, this popped up as in stock. Bought it online and then picked it up that night. Shot about 100 rounds yesterday and so far it is really nice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Midway has Mec-Gar magazines back in stock.  Limit 2 on the 15-round magazines.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1371114282
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:05:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#10]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Midway has Mec-Gar magazines back in stock.  Limit 2 on the 15-round magazines.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1371114282
View Quote

Top Gun Supply has the 15rd Mec-Gar mags slightly cheaper at $23.99. No limit

https://www.topgunsupply.com/magazines/browning.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Link is bad, pulls up a hard rifle case for me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone have this pistol in stock that isn't charging scalper prices?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gwitness:
Does anyone have this pistol in stock that isn't charging scalper prices?
View Quote

Completed sales on GB are hovering around $800.  Still high but coming down from the peak. I lucked out and found mine in January at the local shop for $619 so deals
Can be found.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
So far 900 trouble free rounds through mine...accurate as my MkII. Very happy with it.

Been carrying it in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II.

I love it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
So far 900 trouble free rounds through mine...accurate as my MkII. Very happy with it.

Been carrying it in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II.

I love it.
View Quote

Fantastic! Approximate serial number range please.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:

Fantastic! Approximate serial number range please.
View Quote

@wagsfn

1100 serial number range
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Just grabbed the last one at a local shop, they had a 9% of 9mm pistols sale going. Paid $681 out the door.

Serial number is 94xx, so hopefully no ejector issues

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By patswin3:
Just grabbed the last one at a local shop, they had a 9% of 9mm pistols sale going. Paid $681 out the door.

Serial number is 94xx, so hopefully no ejector issues

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82995/4AB44156-AAD4-439D-9167-8C9241E479AB_jpe-2416947.JPG
View Quote

Congratulations! May your extractor run true
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Read on-line reports where these dogs have major malfs & hicuppy issues.

Anyone got one they’ve vetted thru 1K problem-free rounds?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

View Quote

I haven't read any of those online so-called reports. If you look at my post about 4 or so posts up I'm almost at 1,000 trouble-free rounds
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

View Quote

The only issues I have heard so far are the sharp edges and a possibility of the extractor channel being rough and causing ejection problems after about 1000rds. The only issues I have with mine are the sharp edges and the recoil spring was a bit longer than OEM. I replaced it with a factory spring and have had zero issues for about 500rd. I still wonder if SA is using Wolff springs in these guns. My experience with Wolff is longer than normal recoil springs on a variety of different pistols.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]
There are still no SA-35's available in my area. I may as well just buy a 9mm Garrison.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I never got my so called "pre-order" from Brownells back in October 2021. Never got en email from them and I have called customer service, no help at all.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By xM16a1x:
I never got my so called "pre-order" from Brownells back in October 2021. Never got en email from them and I have called customer service, no help at all.
View Quote

I ordered one through my LGS, a Springfield dealer, back in January of this year. In June they told me they couldn't get them and refunded my money. Really pissed me off.

I called Springfield and they said they were having difficulty sourcing parts. Don't know if that was bullshit or not.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#25]

I ordered one through my LGS, a Springfield dealer, back in January of this year. In June they told me they couldn't get them and refunded my money. Really pissed me off.

I called Springfield and they said they were having difficulty sourcing parts. Don't know if that was bullshit or not.
View Quote

I suspect the parts source is in Turkey and is the same one used by Girsan.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:50:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#26]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

I suspect the parts source is in Turkey and is the same one used by Girsan.
View Quote

FWIW MC P-35s are readily available in my area at multiple gun stores.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

FWIW MC P-35s are readily available in my area at multiple gun stores.
View Quote

What area are you in?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#28]

What area are you in?
View Quote

Coastal NC
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone heard any word on these lately?  I sent SA an email, but haven’t heard back yet.  I hope they haven’t given up on them now that they are doing a 2011 platform. I like the grip of a HiPower and the lack of a grip safety better than the 1911/2011’s.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Scrambler07:
Has anyone heard any word on these lately?  I sent SA an email, but haven’t heard back yet.  I hope they haven’t given up on them now that they are doing a 2011 platform. I like the grip of a HiPower and the lack of a grip safety better than the 1911/2011’s.
View Quote

Still listed on their site, not discontinued. I haven't heard of any more releases, or even any more of them trickling out in several months though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Scrambler07:
View Quote

Haven't seen any and I've been looking, both online and at brick and mortar stores.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Haven't seen any and I've been looking, both online and at brick and mortar stores.
View Quote

Same same.
I'm thinking about unloading the extra mags and grips I got last year when I had a higher expectation of availability.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, very disappointing. I bought mags in preparation for getting one of these. So far my dealer has never been able to get one and I’ve never seen one in person.

At this point, I may just buy an old FN if I come across one and move on with life. This was the first firearm Springfield has ever made that I was interested in buying.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Same same.
I'm thinking about unloading the extra mags and grips I got last year when I had a higher expectation of availability.
View Quote

I pre-paid full price at my local gun store, an authorized Springfield dealer, back in January of this year. A few trickled in over the next couple of months but went to other buyers. In June my gun store told me they couldn't get anymore and refunded my money. Pissed me right the fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:35:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#35]
Well I can tell you guys this. Mine was running 100% right up until I hit about 1200 rounds and then I started having extraction issues. I replaced the extractor with a Browning extractor but I had to work on fitting it because it's hanging up on the extraction groove on the case. It still does not run 100% now. I still need to work on it some more and keep testing it..

I wonder the lack of availability is because Springfield is working through some kinks.

I thought that when I reached 1,100 rounds that maybe mine wasn't going to be one of those. However I was wrong. It's a good thing I've got an original Browning in the gun safe. I'm not giving up on this one I will get it to run 100%. I just haven't had the time to finagle it
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pmiya] [#36]
Link to a INDUSTRY forum.  A Springfield rep replied and indicated that they had "QC" issues and had stopped production but should be resuming production this month.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/SA-35-SACS-/784-300429/

I had ordered one in December 2021 through the old Individual Officer Program.  In March Springfield cancelled the order and changed the program to Firstline and removed the SA-35 from the list of discounted items.  The dealer placed at order for me after the change but has not received any SA-35's.  I handled one in a local shop in April, I wasn't overly impressed with that one, it had bluing salts starting to appear around the muzzle end of the slide and the grip edges were somewhat sharp.

In the mean time I've picked up a FN Browning GP Competition and a Girsan Match.  The Girsan has about 200 rounds through it in the week I've owned it and it has functioned flawlessly, accuracy is decent.  The GP Competition was in like new condition, not bad for a 41 year old pistol, and after the first trip to the range I found out why, it was getting double feeds almost every shot.  The accuracy was excellent but very tedious to have to clear the weapon with almost every shot.  I replaced the hammer spring with a lighter spring and installed a new recoil spring.  The second range trip it functioned without any issues.

EDITED to correct the name of the new program, had listed it as First Responder, it is Firstline.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#37]

I pre-paid full price at my local gun store, an authorized Springfield dealer, back in January of this year. A few trickled in over the next couple of months but went to other buyers. In June my gun store told me they couldn't get anymore and refunded my money. Pissed me right the fuck off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Same same.

I did the pre-order from Brownell's, as posted above that went nowhere.
Watched as Grab A Gun ran their cost up to about 2x list price.
But on 11/13/21 I had placed an order with Impact Guns. Got monthly emails saying hey, it's still OOS, just stand by to stand by. Until today.
Got an email from them to update my FFL because the previous FFL (SWFA) had closed up their retail location. So I did, and now I have one headed to me for the price listed a year ago.
Very happy with that, and I'm looking forward to finally being able to use the mags and grips I ordered.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:11:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreeAmerican] [#38]
I was shocked to find one at my LGS a couple of weeks ago.  I have a couple of range sessions on it now with a mix of ammo, including  carry ammo (Fed HST 124 gr)

Not a single hickup, and I shot it until it was dirty, really dirty, Wolf and lead handloads dirty.  No malfunctions at all.  

The one odd thing, my older HPs seem to like 124gr but this gun seems more accurate with 115 gr.  Nothing drastic and not scientific and could have bee the difference of the manufacture.  

I feel confident enough that I am carrying it now.  

Not bad for $649 + tax.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FreeAmerican:
I was shocked to find one at my LGS a couple of weeks ago.  I have a couple of range sessions on it now with a mix of ammo, including  carry ammo (Fed HST 124 gr)

Not a single hickup, and I shot it until it was dirty, really dirty, Wolf and lead handloads dirty.  No malfunctions at all.  

The one odd thing, my older HPs seem to like 124gr but this gun seems more accurate with 115 gr.  Nothing drastic and not scientific and could have bee the difference of the manufacture.  

I feel confident enough that I am carrying it now.  

Not bad for $649 + tax.
View Quote

Curious how this one will do. I keep 124+P NATO Winnie ball, GDHPs in 124+P and 147, and the heavier Syntech stuff. I've considered getting some 115 stuff to try out.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Seems to be vapor ware
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I noticed the other day that Arms Unlimited has them, but $795 is a bit high.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Just picked up today. SN is in the 11XXX range, so I am guessing very recent production. Switched grips out, waiting on XS tritium big dot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Curious what actual changes they've made during the several months these weren't available.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:32:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:
Curious what actual changes they've made during the several months these weren't available.
View Quote

From what I understand a better ejector along with a higher price.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#45]

From what I understand a better ejector along with a higher price.
View Quote

Mine passed the shake test, but I haven’t shot it yet. And I paid under list. The pricing is varying by shop, with Grab A Gun still jacking the price way up although it is down from their crack baby high of a year ago.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Mine passed the shake test, but I haven't shot it yet. And I paid under list. The pricing is varying by shop, with Grab A Gun still jacking the price way up although it is down from their crack baby high of a year ago.
View Quote
Shake test?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Shake test?
View Quote

Field strip the pistol, then slide a round onto the breech face with the extractor over the rim. Shake the slide and see if the round is loose/rattles. Kind of a quick and dirty way to see if there is an issue with the extractor holding onto the rim. Early production models were having problems with the extractor and rattled. Needs to be confirmed with firing and extraction/ejection observed, but can be an indicator of something to look for if problems occur. Stephen Camp described similar process but looked at about 5# of pressure being needed to slide the round back out from under the extractor.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/74CD278F-C7E1-4E3A-A36C-111B03B398EF_1_2-2601516.jpg
Just picked up today. SN is in the 11XXX range, so I am guessing very recent production. Switched grips out, waiting on XS tritium big dot.
View Quote

What grips are those?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 226man:

What grips are those?
View Quote

VZ Grips
Mine are the Recon (non-palm swell).
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I picked one up from Bass Pro yesterday. Only one the have gotten in and it only sat a day or so. $649 sale price. I’m impressed with the build but haven’t shot it yet.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top