Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

What other issues are you hearing about?
View Quote

Of course the extraction issues. Burrs in extractor channel to possible inferior extractor spring. Plus the extractor "hook" that engages case rim is different than original Browning (looks smaller in close up). On some models with the hammer down, you can engage the safety upwards enough that you cannot retract the slide. That's a big no no. Over sized or bent Ejector so you cannot retract slide smoothly (only heard this once). And razor sharp edges from the tang or beaver tail to the slide rails and other open areas on frame. All these small issues need addressed and I'm sure Springfield Armory will correct them. Trust me, I'm not slamming the SA-35 by any means. I've owned BHP's since the mid 80's and I'm in line for one once the bugs are worked out. Like most first run firearms there are sometimes problems. The SA-35 is going to be a winner I believe.

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By chibajoe:
If these hit the streets with a price under $600, I'll buy one.
View Quote

Not very many quality guns sell under MSRP in the current market. These guns will probably sell for around $1000, you’ll be lucky to get one for list price.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
LGS has seven on order one of which I reserved. Shop manager said Springfield is slow rolling them out due to a parts shortage. Don't know how true that is but I'll be glad when mine comes in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
LGS has seven on order one of which I reserved. Shop manager said Springfield is slow rolling them out due to a parts shortage. Don't know how true that is but I'll be glad when mine comes in.
View Quote

I've heard parts shortages to bugs being worked out. What ever it is a lot of people are chomping at the bit for one. I'm surprised the Springfield Armory rep who chimes in here at times has been silent on what the hold up is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I want one but maybe next year after the bugs are worked out and they are more readily available. I've wanted a high power for years now so will keep watching and waiting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like waiting isn't a choice...I will wait till they have an ambi-safety, still the gun looks good, I will get one...in time. v/r W
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I probably get one about the time Magpul releases the MP5 drum
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
sign me up for a stainless version, when and if...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Got it! Only had to wait three months
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Count another one in for one. Just have to wait for my local dealers to get some. I can wait and hopfully all the teething issues will be gone by then.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
got the call this morning.

will be picking up first of next week.

$641+ tax
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

$641+ tax
View Quote

Nice! If I didn't just drop a bunch of $ on another SA product, I'd probably go the the Chantilly show this weekend and look for one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

$641+ tax
View Quote

Super news at a great price. GB insanity still in the $1K range. Looking forward to pictures and possible range report.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks fantastic!
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Looks good. I think I’m not going to change the grips on mine. I bought some navidrex and vz’s for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Sweet & congratulations. I'm curious, did SA address the sharp edges problems? Thanks again for the photo. Oh, and approximate serial no. range. I haven't seen any in 4000 range yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:

Sweet & congratulations. I'm curious, did SA address the sharp edges problems? Thanks again for the photo. Oh, and approximate serial no. range. I haven't seen any in 4000 range yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wagsfn:

Mine's 32XX and the frame is stamped 22.1.18 (Jan 18th, 2022). I'd be surprised if they're even at 4000 yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks much better than the new FN version of the Hi Power.  I will have one of these.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine is 32XX per request
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Stopped by the Sioux Falls Scheels today to pick up some SP5 mags and one of salesmen told me he had something I might be interested in.   Went in back and came back with a SA35 which was extremely nice.   Fit and finish was top notch.   It was of course spoken for.   He asked if I wanted to be out on the list for the next batch, and I said yes.   These don’t even make it to the counter as they are all spoken for when they arrive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I am waiting for Springfield to release a fully modernized model, ambi controls, rail under the barrel, slide cut for a micro size red dot as they fit the narrow Hi Power slide.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the current price range and availability now?

I'll be going to a small gunshow next weekend, don't expect to find one, and we'll hit a few shops on the way, but it would be good to have an idea of what people are buying them for.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#24]
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

I'll be going to a small gunshow next weekend, don't expect to find one, and we'll hit a few shops on the way, but it would be good to have an idea of what people are buying them for.
View Quote

I ordered one in January through my local gun store. I paid $589 plus tax. Still haven't gotten it. The excuses I've heard are lack of parts and faulty firing pins. As long as time it is taking to get mine I hope they have all the bugs worked out by the time it gets here.

PSA was selling them recently for 999. They are showing out of stock now.

Most recent MSRP I saw was $699.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

View Quote
MSRP is $699. Street price SHOULD be around $600-$650 or so.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Okay. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Just slightly overpaid for one from the EE in the 5xxx number range but I’ve been coveting one for awhile and impatience costs money

I’ve played around with the idea of buying an FN HP (or variant) for the last 25 years but could never get past the aesthetics or the fact that a Tupperware gun does everything it could in a smaller package for less money. I guess my age is starting to show and my appreciation of metal and wood and classic design won over my wallet. Range report to follow
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:55:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#28]
Originally Posted By Adirondack47:
Just slightly overpaid for one from the EE in the 5xxx number range but I’ve been coveting one for awhile and impatience costs money

I’ve played around with the idea of buying an FN HP (or variant) for the last 25 years but could never get past the aesthetics or the fact that a Tupperware gun does everything it could in a smaller package for less money. I guess my age is starting to show and my appreciation of metal and wood and classic design won over my wallet. Range report to follow
View Quote

The BHP-or the SA-35 at least-is smaller than a Glock 19 in every dimension but length. It's about half an inch longer. Link.

The primary cons seem to be cost and weight. Aesthetics are subjective, I think the BHP is a very attractive handgun, but they both use 15 round magazines. Sure you can use the larger Glock mags, but Mec-Gar also made 20's for the Hi-power if we are including mags that aren't flush fits.

IMHO it compares favorably with many compact pistols.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By engineer61:
I am waiting for Springfield to release a fully modernized model, ambi controls, rail under the barrel, slide cut for a micro size red dot as they fit the narrow Hi Power slide.
View Quote

Me too.  But no rail.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I <3 my LGS.  I asked them about these back in December and they said they'd try to get a couple.  I told them I'd happily pay MSRP and they told me "You won't ever pay MSRP here."

Fast forward to March and I get a text that they finally showed up and do I still want one?  Fuck yeah I do.  $600+tax OTD.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Picked one up at my LGS today.  Serial over 6000.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Sooo anyone mill one of these for a red dot yet?!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Finally got to shoot one of these yesterday; I was pretty impressed with the trigger. My grip is such that a normal BHP will bite me, the SA-35 hammer will contact the web of my hand and after enough magazines will probably wear it raw, but it is comfortable to shoot. I do wish the trigger had a bit less curve to it, but they got the safety right. It is a bit mushy, but strikes a good balance between being large enough to ride while shooting, and small enough to not be obtrusive.

I consider this handgun to be a must buy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like prices are finally coming down

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 4:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MVolkJ] [#35]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

https://i.imgur.com/C7BIZXY.jpg
View Quote

Nice. I would have bought that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

https://i.imgur.com/C7BIZXY.jpg

That's wild
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BankerBilly] [#37]
Picked one up about 10 days ago.  Serial number is close to 7,000.  Paid $630

Gritty trigger pull with some creep.  Spent a little time and hand polished the the action parts.  Now a clean, crisp 5 pound break.

Been to the range with it twice - a total of approx 750 rounds.  100% reliable with any ammo that I have.  It really likes the 124 HST ammo. I have average size hands and no hammer bite and no issues with the short tang. Have on order a C&S extractor - just in case.

I'm a big 1911 fan but I can see this pistol in my carry rotation.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Are they still making this pistol?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TobyLazur:
View Quote

I'm starting to wonder. I ordered one through my LGS in January and it still hasn't got here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#40]

I'm starting to wonder. I ordered one through my LGS in January and it still hasn't got here.
View Quote

My local shop said they got two in the first shipment, now Springfield won't tell them when they're going to be able to fulfill another order.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

@TobyLazur
I picked one up at Northwest Armory in Scottsdale last month
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:13:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KR20:

@TobyLazur
I picked one up at Northwest Armory in Scottsdale last month
View Quote

Lol!  So did I! Put a couple hundred more rounds through it yesterday.  Ran like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#43]
View Quote

A couple of members have come upon them recently. I have heard rumors that Springfield is making some production changes to address the issues with the extractor, and that they will go back into full swing production closer to the Fall timeframe.

This is the next handgun on my buy list so I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

Lol!  So did I! Put a couple hundred more rounds through it yesterday.  Ran like a champ.
View Quote

Do they have anymore?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

A couple of members have come upon them recently. I have heard rumors that Springfield is making some production changes to address the issues with the extractor, and that they will go back into full swing production closer to the Fall timeframe.

This is the next handgun on my buy list so I guess we'll see.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Do they have anymore?
View All Quotes

Do they have anymore?

The one I grabbed was the last one they had in stock at the time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#48]

The one I grabbed was the last one they had in stock at the time.
View Quote

Curious on your serial no. range...... 6K or 7K yet? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#49]
4K range
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I ordered one through my LGS in October. He still hasn't been able to get one. Luckily I picked one up elsewhere.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top