Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 1:10:16 PM EDT
About a year ago I bought my XD-9 Service model with the intentions to prove to people that the gun is just as reliable and user friendly as the Glock. I started to shoot the gun quite heavily and found it to be plenty reliable. I clean the about every 250 rounds and I replaced the recoil spring and striker spring at the 4,000 round mark. Springfield Recommends that you change these 2 springs out every 3-5 thousand rounds. Since I bought the gun It has been through 2 local training courses (holster draw and rapid fire pistol) and one Fighting Pistol course at Tactical Response (don't hate on this  school, I enjoyed the course and learned a lot read my AAR in the training review section of the forum.) I dropped the gun in mud and shot it in the rain while I was taking this course. The gun never stopped working and while I was at the Fighting Pistol course another man with an XD-45 sub-compact was there he also had no problems with his XD. I have yet to break a firing pin retainer pin (I do dry fire with snap caps). During the course I did slightly dent one of my magazines, but that magazine still worked for the rest of the course. My XD has been to Springfield Custom and it received the "Carry Package" which includes a 4-5 lb trigger job (PRP trigger pack) and tritium night sights of your choosing. My XD has a 4 lb trigger and Trijicon Tough&Brights installed on it. Turn around time was about 4 weeks I got this done to the pistol around the 2nd month I owned it. Every since then this gun has accuracy has out shined every other gun I have ever shot. I can achieve 3 in groups at around 30 feet and 6 in groups out around 45 feet. This gun with the upgrades has out shot every Glock I own, even before the trigger job the guns trigger was still better then a stock Glocks trigger. This gun has become a staple to my EDC I do not leave home without it. It is my constant companion.

If anyone wants to see pictures of wear points on my gun just ask I will post them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

About a year ago I bought my XD-9 Service model with the intentions to prove to people that the gun is just as reliable and user friendly as the Glock. I started to shoot the gun quite heavily and found it to be plenty reliable. I clean the about every 250 rounds and I replaced the recoil spring and striker spring at the 4,000 round mark. Springfield Recommends that you change these 2 springs out every 3-5 thousand rounds. Since I bought the gun It has been through 2 local training courses (holster draw and rapid fire pistol) and one Fighting Pistol course at Tactical Response (don't hate on this  school, I enjoyed the course and learned a lot read my AAR in the training review section of the forum.) I dropped the gun in mud and shot it in the rain while I was taking this course. The gun never stopped working and while I was at the Fighting Pistol course another man with an XD-45 sub-compact was there he also had no problems with his XD. I have yet to break a firing pin retainer pin (I do dry fire with snap caps). During the course I did slightly dent one of my magazines, but that magazine still worked for the rest of the course. My XD has been to Springfield Custom and it received the "Carry Package" which includes a 4-5 lb trigger job (PRP trigger pack) and tritium night sights of your choosing. My XD has a 4 lb trigger and Trijicon Tough&Brights installed on it. Turn around time was about 4 weeks I got this done to the pistol around the 2nd month I owned it. Every since then this gun has accuracy has out shined every other gun I have ever shot. I can achieve 3 in groups at around 30 feet and 6 in groups out around 45 feet. This gun with the upgrades has out shot every Glock I own, even before the trigger job the guns trigger was still better then a stock Glocks trigger. This gun has become a staple to my EDC I do not leave home without it. It is my constant companion.

If anyone wants to see pictures of wear points on my gun just ask I will post them.
View Quote
How is the grip zone holding up?

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
My gun is not a mod. 2, but the bottoms of the grip do have dings. " />
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, but 5000rds is not really all that many.  I have and XD-40 with nearly 40,000 and I am sure there are people on this forum with more than that through a single handgun.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, but 5000rds is not really all that many.  I have and XD-40 with nearly 40,000 and I am sure there are people on this forum with more than that through a single handgun.
View Quote

Yes that is true, but many won't post about wear points or when to replace parts. My goal here is to have a thread that's has months go by I can do a 10,000 round update or a 20,000 round update to show when parts break. I have found a lack of that information on the Internet.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Want to see the wear parts on my 90,000 + round svi 2011?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for posting, op
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:...Fighting Pistol course at Tactical Response (don't hate on this  school, I enjoyed the course and learned a lot read my AAR in the training review section of the forum.) I dropped the gun in mud and shot it in the rain while I was taking this course.
View Quote

Did TR make you throw the gun down in the mud, or did you accidentally drop it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes that is true, but many won't post about wear points or when to replace parts. My goal here is to have a thread that's has months go by I can do a 10,000 round update or a 20,000 round update to show when parts break. I have found a lack of that information on the Internet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But one data point does not make a trend.  You could have a lemon that craps out at 5001 rounds, or you could have the gun that makes 100,000 without a breakage.  It takes a bunch of people doing what your doing to really have something meaning full.  Have to check over at XDtalk?

My XD-40 Tactical has a lot of after market parts.  Most of the fire control (trigger bar, sear, safety lever. and several of the fire control springs) magazine release button and recoil spring guide rod.  My XD-40 cracked the locking block a few thousand rounds into its life.  It was a early model XD-40 Tactical (bought in 2005); early models where prone to this.  SA replaced the block free of charge.  Broke a factory trigger return spring at about 6500 rounds.  SA sent me a free one.  Sometime over 20,000 rds I broke an after-market trigger bar (made by Bob Hostetter, before Springer or Canyon Creek existed).  I replace the lighter 15lbs recoil spring I use ever 4-5k.  I have replaced all of the magazine springs at least once on the six 12 rd magazines I use and twice on my six extended magazines.  I have replaced the striker retaining role pin twice. It never broke but I figure if I have it out for a detail cleaning I am going to put fresh one in just to be safe.  I have broken two Arredondo extended base pads and a few custom made base pads.  Surprisingly I am still on the original extractor and ejector although I have a spare in my range bag.

This picture was taken somewhere just north of 30,000 rds.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But one data point does not make a trend.  You could have a lemon that craps out at 5001 rounds, or you could have the gun that makes 100,000 without a breakage.  It takes a bunch of people doing what your doing to really have something meaning full.  Have to check over at XDtalk?

My XD-40 Tactical has a lot of after market parts.  Most of the fire control (trigger bar, sear, safety lever. and several of the fire control springs) magazine release button and recoil spring guide rod.  My XD-40 cracked the locking block a few thousand rounds into its life.  It was a early model XD-40 Tactical (bought in 2005); early models where prone to this.  SA replaced the block free of charge.  Broke a factory trigger return spring at about 6500 rounds.  SA sent me a free one.  Sometime over 20,000 rds I broke an after-market trigger bar (made by Bob Hostetter, before Springer or Canyon Creek existed).  I replace the lighter 15lbs recoil spring I use ever 4-5k.  I have replaced all of the magazine springs at least once on the six 12 rd magazines I use and twice on my six extended magazines.  I have replaced the striker retaining role pin twice. It never broke but I figure if I have it out for a detail cleaning I am going to put fresh one in just to be safe.  I have broken two Arredondo extended base pads and a few custom made base pads.  Surprisingly I am still on the original extractor and ejector although I have a spare in my range bag.

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAdMlh7CoPWFkGtj1RkG5WXnF_puoB4Y7AJ1AF8bHpINQ/12/31815523/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/XD30k.jpg/EJKpjBgY-1ggBygH/74V8s-mG0Je8o6MR6kOxpHuzqiFtt_ol0_dUzOwqEdQ?dl=0&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAdMlh7CoPWFkGtj1RkG5WXnF_puoB4Y7AJ1AF8bHpINQ/12/31815523/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/XD30k.jpg/EJKpjBgY-1ggBygH/74V8s-mG0Je8o6MR6kOxpHuzqiFtt_ol0_dUzOwqEdQ?dl=0&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

Well damn, you do have a good point this is a sample of one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't stop doing it.  Like you said it is a sample of one but the more info you and we share the better.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't stop doing it.  Like you said it is a sample of one but the more info you and we share the better.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be sure to continue, thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks!

-Happy XD-9 Service Owner
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#13]
great thread.
I have an older xd9.  It was a LE trade in gun.
I would like to see pic of your guys guns.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]
</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

The ejector has some funky wear on it. I don't see any wear like it on any other polymer pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top