Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2016 10:55:58 PM EDT
Hello gents,

Wifey is looking for a new single stack 9mm.  So far she has tried the Shield, Ruger LC9Pro, Glock 43, and the Walther PPS.

We looked at a XD/s at the local gun shop but was not able to give it a text drive.  

Anyone have a XD/s in 9mm ? Your thoughts  ?

Thanks !
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. I like it. It replaced a XDs .45, which replaced a Kel Tec PF9.

What do you want to know about it?
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine a little over a month now. Has become my favorite carry.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoy mine, talon grips are a must. It replaced my PPS.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the PPS and Shield. Both are great firearms, but for me the XDs just feels better in my hands. Like another poster said, the Talon Grips are a must. The XDs 9mm is now my EDC. I loved it so much that I got another one (just need to order the Talon Grips for it).

Link Posted: 1/12/2016 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the xds 3.3 and love it. It is very accurate with even the cheap ammo.. It has a fiber optic front sight in which you can change from green to red easily. It comes with a couple different back straps to suit your grip. The gripping area has a better texture,to me, than other comparative models. I also like the fact it has a rear grip safety. Some people complain it might not work/engage when you need or if you grip it high,etc.,  but normally those people are clueless as it is standard on XD models and also 1911 pistols. I have yet to hear of one failing/not engaging. A 1911 has the same thing and it has worked for that platform for years. Also,l think they have a deal going on so you can receive other pieces,most importantly, more mags.. I have put about 400 rounds through mine and it has worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That's what my wife chose (3.3"). It's a great shooter IMO. Doesnt beat you up like a lot of guns that size do. Has cycled everything we've put through it. The Sig 938 is another one in that category that's actually nice to shoot, but I don't want 1911 like manual of arms on my carry gun. I've carried the XDs .45 since they first came out.

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had my XDs 9mm 3.3" for several months and shot it in IDPA competition. It is fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Love mine. It is my CCW. Love my Glock 19 and thought I'd wish I had the new Glock 43 when it came out over the XDs. Nope. The 43 doesn't fit in my hand as well as the XDs. My opinion, your mileage may vary. I have had 0 issues and it feeds everything I put in it.

Good luck!
Top Top