Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2015 10:22:44 AM EDT
I was finally able to take my xds  to the range.  I have a big issue.  The slide was not locking back a majority of the time after the last round in the mag was ejected.  The 9 round mag did not have this issue but the 7 rounders did.  Anyone else hsving this issue.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely a mag issue if it didn't do it with every mag. I am having the opposite experience of you, my two 8-round and my two 7-round mags function flawlessly. My 9-round mag will not lock the slide back for anything.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and have the same problem, mine is caused because my thumb is hitting the Slide stop.  I relocated my thumbs problem gone.  I love the gun.

Good luck.    

Art
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and have the same problem, mine is caused because my thumb is hitting the Slide stop.  I relocated my thumbs problem gone.  I love the gun.

Good luck.    

Art
View Quote

I'm going to go with this, extended mag is allowing you to grip the gun better and thus your thumbs aren't getting in the way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife just bought an XDs a couple of days ago she is not having any problems with the gun and loves it.

Vince
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm going to go with this, extended mag is allowing you to grip the gun better and thus your thumbs aren't getting in the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.    

Art

Sounds plausible.  I will keep it in mind next time at the range.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.    

Art

My son had this issue on his new XDS but changed his grip and the issue vanished. Thumb was contacting the slide stop.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally had a chance to pry the XDs from my Wife's hands. I love the gun, may have to get one for myself. The one we got was a consignment sale from Gun Gear to Go in Plano. It looked brand new and came with seven mags, holster, mag holster, and case.

Vince
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I finally had a chance to pry the XDs from my Wife's hands. I love the gun, may have to get one for myself. The one we got was a consignment sale from Gun Gear to Go in Plano. It looked brand new and came with seven mags, holster, mag holster, and case.

Vince
View Quote

Nice, 7 mags, more shooting between reloadings.  Mine came with the 2 smaller ones and I bought the 10 rounder.  I shoot it better with the smaller mags, I also added the Pearce grip to them which helps keep my little finger in place.  

Art

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one used and it is a great pistol. I have had no issues with it,although I did worry about slide bite. I am happy to report when I shot it, I had no problem with my grip. I bought the finger extensions and they are worth it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Almost 99% chance you're riding the slide release.  Shoot it left hand and see if It locks back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top