Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2015 11:16:01 AM EDT
I went to the range and fired my new to me XDS 3.3 9mm and my biggest gripe is that I didn't have enough ammo with me. I was only able to run about 160 rounds through it of different manufactured ammo-fmj and hp. The pistol ran flawlessly and was pretty smooth considering the size and weight of it.  I thought I might get some slide bite due to my big mitts, but didn't have any issues. I was debating on getting one a while back but thought I would have a problem with the slide bite, but I could not pass up the deal I got on it. I  thought I would give it a try and am glad I did. Now waiting on the holster and magazine pinky extension.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a new 4.0 and love it too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I had Glocks since the early 80's and purchased/traded just about every model. This year I FINALLY branched out and traded a G36 for a brand new XDS 45 with all the x-tras. I was very hesitant on doing the trade, knew nothing about the XD line but this model had the interchangable backstraps and it didn't have the Glock "hump". Made in Croatia...seriously ? For and Austrian Glock? I just grew tired of shooting left of center (even drifting the sights to the right to correct my problem) and did I say the "hump"? I have shot everything I could get my hands on out of the XD and my POA is POI. I was stunned and amazed by my ability to shoot this little gun. I came to the realization that Glock is not the perfection that it claims to be.  It's a keeper....
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you like your XDS
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a *handy* solution to your slide bite. Get it? See the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puxW9InEcQg
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a *handy* solution to your slide bite. Get it? See the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puxW9InEcQg
View Quote

Shameless self promotion.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine. The only upgrade I did was have some stippling work done. Ran it at an IDPA match and have to say it exceeded my expectations for accuracy and controlability.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you guys had the recall performed? I'm scared to have it done. XDS 45 3.3 owner...

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
No issues with mine. Turn around time wasn't too bad either.

+ free mag
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine had it done prior to me buying it. It is a very nice shooter.
Chainsaw, what kind of holster is that? I like it,looks thin.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I got mine last yr with the gear up promo.   Came with 6 mags.  

It is a super high quality gun. Very tight lockup.  Its probably as *mechanically* accurate as anything I own.  I've shot a 3" 25 or 30 round group at 21yards, single loading and never shooting from the reset.  Slow as hell, but still.  Trigger is heavy, but good. I love my glocks but I wouldn't trade mah xds for a G43 or shield or kahr or anything else in that category.  It has also never malfunctuoned.  Comes with good fiber optic sights. Has a rail.  Did I mention it's accurate?  Yeah, I like it. A lot.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah, I also can appreciate the grip safety on a gun that size that often goes AIWB.  I don't want no stinking thumb safeties, but the grip safety isn't noticable while shooting and is an extra layer of Nads protection/insurance.  Want to try a PRP spring kit.   I have a post recall 9mm, and the trigger is butter smooth, but like 9 pounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top