Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2015 12:56:33 AM EDT
So I fell in love with the finish on the Eclipse but not the price and not a huge fan of Kimber and now I seen Springfield made or still make? A 1911 in stainless with black accents that looks the same.  Whats a good price for one and do they still sell it?  Really wanted one in 9mm but don't think I can wait and it may never happen.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#1]
They used to produce a Loaded Black Stainlesss 1911. It is no longer in production. It was simply a stainless loaded painted with a black paint and was not very durable.

There is one on Va armslist for around $1000 I think, far to high considering normal stainless guns can be had for around $800 new.

I would take a Springfield over a Kimber any day but I don't care for the blackened stainless guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I know I heard Kimber's eclipse finish wasn't very durable but I was hoping springfield's was better...  But if its just a safe queen and occasional range trips I'd think it'd hold up?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a loaded stainless for less than $800 and switch out the grips.  I'm waiting on my new loaded to come.  I'm not sure what all I'm going to have done to it yet.  My FFL is a gunsmith so he's gonna trick it out some for me before I even pick it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top