Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2015 1:22:25 PM EDT
what do yall think is the best between xds 9mm or shield 9mm? looking for help. thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just made this exact decision myself about a month ago. You honestly can't go wrong with either and will just need to go handle/shoot them both. The two are identical in size (literally no difference when stacked), but the XDs is slightly heavier. That said, I picked the XDs. I was already very familiar with Springfield guns and I liked the trigger on the XDs over the shield. Also, the fiber optic front sight on the XDs is nice. The XDs is usually a little more expensive than the shield so I don't know if that factors in for you. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
shield

me no likey million safeties.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
shield

me no likey million safeties.
View Quote

The XDs has 1 extra safety over the NTS shield and you don't even have to think about it. Grip safeties have been a non issue for 100 years now. I will never understand how the people with the "more moving parts equals more malfunctions" mentality drive a car or get on an airplane.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I like the addition of the grip safety.  When re-holstering, I can move my thump up onto the back of the slide and it is just enough to active the grip safety.  Even if something happened to find it's way into the trigger guard, it still can't fire.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Have both. Started out with the Shield. Too many stoves pipes for my liking, reliability was just not there for CCW. Still have it, but went with the XDs in 9mm. No problems period. Like I figured an XD to be. (Own 3-All failure free.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top