Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2015 2:10:11 AM EDT
Anyone have one? How do you like it & any problems? I've did a search on internet and youtube didn't find a single complaint! I was planning on buying a hk p2000 for edc but the mod 2 holds same amount of rounds and is a sub compact. Looks like a sweet shooter. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 4:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in .45 acp. I would take the hk over it in a heartbeat. But that's because I like hk and glock. The xdmod2 is a big heavy gun for concealed carry in my opinion. I'd rather carry my g 19 I think.  
On the other hand it has great sights, very accurate, nice trigger, reliable etc. my only complaint is the weight. But that's what make it shoot so nice too I suppose.
 I only have about 75 rds through mine I won it in a raffle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one in .45 acp. I would take the hk over it in a heartbeat. But that's because I like hk and glock. The xdmod2 is a big heavy gun for concealed carry in my opinion. I'd rather carry my g 19 I think.  
On the other hand it has great sights, very accurate, nice trigger, reliable etc. my only complaint is the weight. But that's what make it shoot so nice too I suppose.
 I only have about 75 rds through mine I won it in a raffle.
View Quote

I have a p2000sk but handed it over to wifey. There weight and dimensions are similar. But in 9mm it carrys 13+1 with flush mount magazines. Everything I've read and watched seems positive. Lots of aftermarkets also.
Under $500. I will give it a try. Thank you for response
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem. 13+1 is nice I wish mine was in 9mm.  But even in .45 the flush fit mag still holds 9!
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've fondled those Mod 2's in .45 and 9mm at the gunstore, both felt heavy to me unloaded but so did the XDM compact 3.8.  I'm leaning toward the XDM compact in 9mm currently, still on the fence.  I don't think I've seen a bad Mod 2 review.  Glocks are just not for me...

My XDM 5.25 .45 unloaded is about 31-32, but I can't complain love the 13+1 capacity and its been top-notch.

Hking

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've fondled those Mod 2's in .45 and 9mm at the gunstore, both felt heavy to me unloaded but so did the XDM compact 3.8.  I'm leaning toward the XDM compact in 9mm currently, still on the fence.  I don't think I've seen a bad Mod 2 review.  Glocks are just not for me...

My XDM 5.25 .45 unloaded is about 31-32, but I can't complain love the 13+1 capacity and its been top-notch.

Hking

I could never get myself to like glocks either. Owned 2 19's and got rid of them both quick.
I like everything about the mod 2 except the grip zone but not that big of a deal. Plan on putting grip tape anyway. And trigger job after couple hundred rounds at range

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, totally agree on that "Grip Zone" banner, looks like crapola in the extreme, I'll tape it as well if I end up in the Mod 2 direction.  I'm sure that banner alone is costing SA sales...

I've never owned a Glock, I've wanted to like them(!) but there's just something that always turns me away.

Hking
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Where I work has these & the gen 1(?).  What's the difference - the grip?  Or are there other improvements as well?  I've never shot an XD, so I have a difficult time selling them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a mod 2 in the 9mm. Shoots very nice with no issues. Yes the grip zone wording looks funny but who cares it does what it needs to.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a Mod 2 in 45 ....initial impression,  put together well, seems fairly tight....the only complaint I have so far is how stiff the ambi mag release is, I'm a fairly strong guy, and I still have to reposition the gun in my hand and use non support hand to get it to release, hopefully it will wear in or it will take a trip back to Springfield......the gun itself is fairly accurate, and the trigger is acceptable(but definitely NOT 1911 nice).....only have fifty rounds through it so far.....hopefully can hit the range again tomorrow and loosen it up a little....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top