Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2015 10:39:14 PM EDT
So I bought some Trijicon HD night sights for my XDS.  I want to say now I do not recommend changing these sights yourself, O-M-G!

I asked a gunsmith I trust to change them for me and he said no way.  I tried to break them loose with a punch.  I didn't even dent the sights.  I then got my Universal Sight Tool from my brother.  Using the sight tool and a vise we bent the main bolt as we removed the sights.  No problem, ACE Hardware sells grade 8 bolts of the same size.  I do not recommend anyone change any XD sights if they can send it to a gunsmith.  The sights are so tight it is a miracle I did not damage my slide.

Sight Tool with XD blocks

Added a pic here.  I like it!

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I dropped mine off at the smiths for the install of the XS Big Dots.  I'd heard it was tough with the XDs, and so did he.  He had the proper tools though and it worked out great.  Love this style of sight on a little gun like the XDs.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This....
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This is what I did.  Great guy with great service.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My local fun store has a sight pusher with all the different blocks for different guns.   It was tight to get the sights to initially break free but when they did they came right off.

If anyone is looking for a perfect fitting sight in the figure 8 design I highly recommend the Heinie straight 8 ledge sights.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Each person has their preference of what type of sights.  Although more expensive, I prefer the Trijicon HD's.

Trijicon HD Night Sights

Additionally, the front surface is steeply hooked to assist in emergency one-handed slide operation.
View Quote

Heinie LEDGE Straight Eight Night Sight Set

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
LGS did mine for me and he was telling me how he almost broke his sight pusher.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine came off with some determination and a set of good brass punches. The front sight was the worst of the two, probably because I wasn't giving it my "all" at first. After some fitting, the new XS Big Dot went in great.

Just my experience... but, they are certainly on there a lot better than any set of Glock sights I've messed with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top