Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 2:05:38 AM EDT
The right ambi has been sloppy since I purchased the pistol.  I installed new grips the other day and found it was broken.  Im looking for a replacement and the best are in the $160 range and Im wondering if I can get something solid for cheaper.  They may have been defective but Im seeing lots of folks saying they broke the SA right ambi.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#1]
brownells
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/safety-parts/safeties/1911-auto-high-ride-ambidextrous-thumb-safety-prod16462.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/safety-parts/safeties/1911-auto-ambidextrous-safety-prod1797.aspx
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard the Wilson standard ambi is prone to breakage.  I haven't heard much on the Les Baer?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it back to SA.  They will take care of it all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#4]
EGW Ambi Thumb Safety 1911 Stainless Steel Barstock
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a single side Wilson in my Loaded,don't miss the ambi at all.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot ambi and being a stickler for safety I cant toggle the safety on while its in the left hand without it.  I would like to send it in but the shipping would cost as much as a ambi safety.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot ambi and being a stickler for safety I cant toggle the safety on while its in the left hand without it.  I would like to send it in but the shipping would cost as much as a ambi safety.  
View Quote

Call Springfield first!  They may email you a call tag.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
they will DEFINATELY send you a call tag.

SA's customer service is second to none.  they warranty their guns like Sears warranties a Craftsman wrench.

SA 1911/XD armorer here.  trust me-  call before you spend $ on new parts elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

SA's customer service is second to none.  they warranty their guns like Sears warranties a Craftsman wrench.

SA 1911/XD armorer here.  trust me-  call before you spend $ on new parts elsewhere.
View Quote

This is true. Best customer service ever.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called about the same thing on my TRP and they had me a shipping label in my email within minutes. I sent it back on yesterday, they told me 2-3 week turnaround. Seriously, call them and tell them. They will fix it. I'm not even the OG owner. I bought from pawn shop on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never sent them a handgun, but I did return a SOCOM 16 last year due to a run of bad extractors. I had a FedEx tag in my email within minutes, and shipped the rifle the following Monday. It was returned the next Friday fully repaired. The gun spent more time in the back of a truck than it did at Springfield's facility, as it looked to have fixed and shipped the same day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I beg to differ. I bought a Loaded Stainless about a month ago. After shooting 70 rounds, I noticed a pain in the web between my thumb and index finger.  It felt similar to slide bite. I looked at the area where the grip safety pivots on the frame and noticed a nice step between the two. Also noticed the trigger was non-consistent (4 to 8 lb. pull). I sent it back to Springfield with pictures showing the misalignment of the frame and grip safety. The frame was actually protruding down below the grip safety at the pivot point.

After receiving the gun back from the repair shop, the trigger was better, but they left the frame untouched. I was highly disappointed, so I called Springfield and was told that the misalignment was "normal". I went to a couple of local gun shops to look at some other Springfield 1911s. None had the misalignment like mine. I have no faith in Springfield anymore. I am very dissatisfied with Springfield.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top