Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2015 12:41:18 AM EDT
Making the jump from the 1911 platform to the XD for EDC. What spare parts should be kept on hand, and where is a good source? Stock parts are fine. XD45 service, 4 inch. I need to be able to fix at least common problems instantly at my own bench and get my weapon back up and going.

Thanks!

Edit for: Now I am on my laptop and can format easily!

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Really? Nothing?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
PistolGear.com

Springs, spare springs, especially a recoil spring, striker spring and trigger return spring.

As parts go the only thing I might keep handing would be a few striker retainer pins, a striker, ejector and extractor.

I shot an XD-40 Tactical in competition for years and the only spares I carried in my range bag was a few striker retainer pins and springs.  At a big match I brought along my XD-40 Service as a backup.  Only ever used it once.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
not a bad idea.  Think i'll have to order some.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I would keep #28, 29 and 32 parts from the slide as spare.  You'll need them when you launch them accross the room in to the heating duct work.  Also one of the #35 pins which the internets says breaks from dryfiring.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The pin for the striker retainer is the only common thing I am aware of.  Good news is when it fails, everything still works.

Now the mixed news:

I am a fan of the XD and the Washington State Cougars.  I will mail you five pins for free if you post a reply "Go Cougs!" or something of the sorts, then email your address to me at [email protected].  I may not always notice a PM here, so the direct email is best.  You get roll pins and I get to see some other teams fan say "Go Cougs!".

No crossing fingers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top