Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2015 10:02:54 AM EDT
Does anyone else get trigger bite from their XD? I have a new XD .40 subcompact and it's painful to shoot. It appears that the trigger safety depresses past the trigger slightly and then the sharp 90 degree inter corners of the trigger (the part where the trigger safety depresses into) bite my finger. Is this normal? It's so bad that I 'm going to start wearing gloves to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have two and have never noticed it, but I always wear gloves when I shoot. You've got me curious. Next time I'll try without gloves.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two xd's and never had it happen
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
XDm 45 and have never had that problem.  
It might be an edge left over from the release on the mold.  Can you take a small file and knock the sharp edge off the trigger?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had that problem with my XD9.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You could replace it with a PRP trigger and get the added bonus of a really nice trigger pull.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
XDm 45 and have never had that problem.  
It might be an edge left over from the release on the mold.  Can you take a small file and knock the sharp edge off the trigger?
View Quote

I take a look at that tonight. I'll also take some good pictures and post them up as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could replace it with a PRP trigger and get the added bonus of a really nice trigger pull.
View Quote

That's a good idea, might have to look into that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Never noticed it on my XD45 and that's all I've shot for the last few years. Take some sandpaper to remove the edge.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
When I first got my XD9, and was running 200-500 rounds each range trip it bothered me a touch, but it really takes a lot of running to get to the point where I notice it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had 5 different XD's. Never had that happen with any of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top