Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 6:47:34 PM EDT
I stripped my new XDS down and when I put it back together the grip safety didn't work?  I watched a three part full disassemble and it had a different type of grip safety.  Mine must be an updated version or something.  They show a slot where the short part of the spring goes.  Well no matter which way I turned that spring it wasn't going in.  So I looked at my manual and I had a different type of grip safety.  I put it in about the only way you can and my grip safety doesn't work!!!  I knew I should've stuck with a Glock this thing has way to many pieces and the trigger is awful and it's not made very well as far as I'm concerned.  Any help would be grealy appreciated!!  I've taken apart many firearms in my life and this one is a pain in the A$&
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that it matters but why did you strip it down?

Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched this video before I installed the spring kit and went to it a few times during. The sear spring gave me the most issues but hell the eye sight and dexterity are fading.

ETA - start it around 5:15

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top