Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 12:58:25 PM EDT
I noticed PRP has an XDS trigger job listed on their site.....
Any experience ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a prp drop in for my xdm45. Extremely easy and very nice. Unfortunately, it was a requirement. The trigger on my Buds NIB gun was horrible.
I probably should have sent it in to SA but didnt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The XDS has a different trigger though....
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It is different, but I know the PRP triggers are fantastic for the XDm models.  I don't know if the sear or disconnect from the XDm line would fit into the XDs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a must!  PRP seriously rocks!  This is not at all difficult to do yourself if you have any tinkering skills at all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I noticed PRP has an XDS trigger job listed on their site.....
Any experience ?
View Quote

The spring kit for the XDs is easy enough. I would watch the youtube video and make sure you have the tools before you start the job.
Work on a large surface with a white towel to prevent small items from becoming lost .The sear spring and working the pin through gave me the most trouble. The end result has proven it was worth the trouble.

The spring kit is the only item i know of available from PRP
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the XDS kit is just a spring kit, but I could be wrong. The drop-in kit for XD and XDM is da bomb. My triggers went from a factory pull of 6.5-7lb down to 4llb. Really tightened up my groups. I'm saving up to put one in my EDC XD 45.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
PRP kit for XDS is outstanding.

Gallaway precision also has a sear for the XDS that is nice, but is much more expensive. Get the PRP before you get the sear

Bending the leg of the Grip Safety Spring by about 5-7 degrees down makes a big difference in trigger pull and costs nothing

Don't forget to do a fluff n buff.

PRP review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top