Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 11:59:09 PM EDT
I just picked up the Leupold Deltapoint sight and plan to attach it to my XD Tactical 357sig but would appreciate any feedback on removing the rear sight/dovetail and installing the dovetail base (5A) for the Deltapoint.  What kind of tools are needed/preferred?

Brian
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I got home last week and set about replacing the rear sight with the DeltaPoint.  I used the largest punch and just tapped it out with no problem.  Attached the DeltaPoint as per the instructions, again, no problem.  

I didn't get a chance to take it to the range but I'll be back home in a couple weeks and plan to test it then.  I also hope to have my new RRA LAR-15.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.   Thanks for the feedback.

I tried once to use a punch tool on my XD but the rear sight did not move a bit.

So I also have been looking for solutions.

Did you have to punch the sight hard or it came out easily?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure where my hammer went so I used a large crescent wrench to smartly tap the punch.  Not a gentle tap but not crushing it either.  I did put the slide in a wood jawed vice and it took maybe 10 taps to knock it out.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure where my hammer went so I used a large crescent wrench to smartly tap the punch.  Not a gentle tap but not crushing it either.  I did put the slide in a wood jawed vice and it took maybe 10 taps to knock it out.

Brian
View Quote

Thanks!  I'll give it a try.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top