Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 1:19:51 AM EDT
I had a local smith install a PRP "minor fitting" trigger on my XD-45. It dry fires OK, but at the
range, after a shot, the trigger doesn't consistently reset. After the shot, as I let off the trigger feeling for
the reset, my finger can come completely off the trigger w/o a reset, and I have to push it
forward. The reset is rather long  as well.

What are some likely causes that I can suggest when I take it back?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Start with the cheapest and easiest thing first.

First thing I would check is the trigger spring, take the slide off and manipulate the trigger. Does the trigger spring back when you let it go with authority?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well...it comes back. I don't have another XD handy to compare it to.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
They have a video on their site that goes step by step on the replacement process. Very easy to follow and do it yourself. I did and was very happy with the improvement. You can watch the video and compare your modification with it to trouble shoot your issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top