BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
12/30/2014 Update
Fired 100 rounds of light ball reloads (200 gr TMJ with HP38) through dirty pistol.  No issues of any kind.   Cleaned the pistol afterwards.  A build-up of carbon in the barrel, so scoured it out with brass wool (most effective method for pistol barrel cleaning I've ever found).

Total round count: 3386
(probably getting about time to replace the recoil spring...)
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Fired 114 rounds of various reloads.  Some aimed fire, some rapid fire.  No failures of any kind.  Accuracy testing was good.  This gun is very reliable, and overall appears to be aging well.

Total round count: 3500
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Fired 69 rounds of light ball reloads in a dirty gun.  Accuracy was fine, but one unusual jam - possibly.  Upon loading one of the magazines, dropping the slide, and pulling the trigger, it didn't go off.  I'm not sure it even dropped the hammer, as it was pretty fast.  But when I looked at the gun, the hammer was in the half-cocked position.  I thumbed the hammer back, pulled the trigger, and continued my course of fire as normal.  Did not repeat.

Pistol was disassembled and thoroughly cleaned upon return home.  (Still haven't replaced recoil spring, since it doesn't appear to be a problem, and will burn up the remainder of these light loads before doing so)

Total round count: 3569
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
4/25/2015 fired 22 round of ball reloads.  no failures of any kind.

Total round count: 2591
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the thread. I have been contemplating selling or trading my loaded I got in 2009, but I think Ill keep it now. maybe send it to get a few upgrades eventually. Some reason I'm attached to my first 1911 and only pistol in .45.  I cant  remember any problems but Ive only shot factory ammo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top