Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 11:43:47 PM EDT
Got a call from my FIL today, asked if I was interested in his fathers old revolvers.Of course I was not gonna let the opportunity to put a couple heirloom pieces for my boys in the collection.

The gem of the 2 was the blued S and W 15-2 2" in the early 700,s. It is filthy and shows some wear but overall it is a nice piece that obviously was carried occasionally.

The other was an old HandR 9 shot .22LR that shows only a little wear on the cylinder teeth.

Overall I'm very happy that I was able to save these pieces and get a couple of neat revolvers. I have zero experience with either so I will gladly accept and guidance or pointers you have to share.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics, we need pics.   The 15 with a 2" barrel?   I'm not sure I've ever seen one.  That would be a sweeeeeeeeeet revolver. Especially if it was a round butt.  My guess is it's a square but I have no clue.  I'm not an expert on what was all made.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad has an old 9 shot H&R .22LR.  I remember Saturday afternoons with him, that revolver, my Single 6, and a brick of .22.  Those poor coffee cans

We need pics OP!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Old(er) guns that "show some wear" are the most interesting guns. To me at least.

Old(er) revolvers are most times  RG........(Real Good) revolvers.

Your kids will probably enjoy them quite a bit. Learning the double action revolver trigger pull will make them better shooters overall imo. I cringe to think what my Dear Old Dad spent on .22's over the years (when they were super cheap). Thank you Dad : )
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the smith is definitely a gem. After cleaning it and giving it a thorough inspection I am very happy to own it.
The h and r promises to be lots of fun as well, seems very robust and both pistols are free from any slop or excessive wear.

Sorry about pics I'm a total lackey when it comes to internetting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top