Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 8:59:51 PM EDT
Just looking to see what folks thoughts are. I have a 586 and the stocks gips place the top of my ring finger knuckle squarely up against the outside of the trigger guard. (I use as high a grip as I can) After about 50 full power rounds that knuckle has a pressure indentation and feels bruised.  In looking at the Ahrends grips that look like they will prevent this... thoughts?

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used those in the past and liked them.  Much better than factory grips.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Smooth wood grips always end up bruising the base knuckle of my strong hand thumb.  I like a good set of rubber grips that pads my hand a little and more importantly keeps my hand from sliding on the grip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Ahrends smooth Cocobolo Retro Target round to square grips on my 4" 686. I think they look and feel great.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have Ahrends smooth Cocobolo Retro Target round to square grips on my 4" 686. I think they look and feel great.
View Quote
Very nice - I really like that wood. I wish they still offered it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, they are slimmer than the factory targets but very comfortable, at least to me. If they had already stopped selling Cocbolo when I ordered these I probably would have ordered Padauk, more red color but a good looking straight grained wood.

http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/retro.htmAttachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top