Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 11:39:58 AM EDT
Uncle Mike's combat grip doesn't exist, and the smith hard plastic one is like 30$+ on their site.  For plastic.  Wtf?

Kinda priced out of vz.

What are my options to get away with this sub 30$?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you have on it now ? If the old traditional thin wood grips they used to have standard simply buy a bk grip adaptor to add. Lots of people on the S&W forum ( myself included) find this to be a perfect balance of improved grip good looks and retained concealment properties
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have grips that are too large and grippy on it now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have grips that are too large and grippy on it now.
View Quote
And you think $30 is too much for a replacement grip?

Try making your own for less.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Altamont
I've been using these for years.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have another option for you but I just got the vz for my 442 and it is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Altamont
View Quote
Wow talk about posting a thread and getting a perfect response.

Those look amazing and really fall closer to my budget then I thought nicer grips could.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I emailed Altamonte.

The pictures aren't 360 so I can't tell which ones cover the back strap.

Very very good suggestion thank you sir.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been liking the factory rubber on my 442 lately.  I do have to wrap those rubber bands around it to give my thumb a bit more room to stay away from the trigger guard when I fold it down.  I like the way wood ones look better.  But don't have any checkered ones.  So the smooth ones I have are too slippy.  But with the factory rubber, I carry it against my bare skin no problems and don't seem to have problems with shirts sticking to it too bad.  I do carry AIWB though.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Altamont
View Quote
Same choice here. (2) .38 S&W snubs and a (1) Colt snubbie. They are fantastic. I favor the Altamontco "Combat Grip" as it's the easiest to conceal but very function. I love their non checkered Rosewood options...
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#11]
That's what I'm looking into.  I email re ship times.

The checkered is nice, but I don't think it adds functionalist on a boot grip.  If I can have it in the same amount of time I'll get it.  Ten extra dollars is nothing when compared to a lifetime of aesthetics.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe it is a guy called LampShadeActual who has a thread, that I can't find, that is the ultimate J-Frame grip thread on here.  I chose Pachmyer Compacts out of the possibilities.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#13]
this is what I use on my model 60. grips from Thailand and a BK grip adapter

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#14]
The factory rubber ones are pretty decent grips frankly.  

I have a set of these: Desantis clip grip on one of my J-frames.  They are hard plastic, but with enough texture to get a good hold, but not tacky like rubber.  Even ignoring the "clip girp" feature, they're pretty darn good grips.  The gun still fits in most holsters with them on.  

The clip grip feature actually does work, and it isn't obtrusive either if you use a holster/pocket carry in a holster, etc.  The cost of $20 is low enough that if you can't stand them, you can just go to something else.  They fit decently, though I did some sanding to make them fit perfectly.  No biggie out of the box, but I like having perfect fit and it wasn't difficult at all to do it since the hard plastic sands quite nicely.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_33/166780_SandW_J_Frame_Airweight_Grips___Can_You_Get_A_Hold_Of_What_You_Carry_.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Hogue Bantams.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Added a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips CTC-305 to my 442 Pro.  Tad larger than the factory grips (great job for filling hand/concealment) but wanted a second sighting means to get the most out of 5 rounds.  Still fits into the front pocket holster in my jeans/shorts holster.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top