User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you carry it in your dominant hand pocket?  What holster do you use?
View Quote
Non dominant hand, Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster.  Been working well for years.  I do practice drawing and presenting.  Another reason for the CTC grips.  Dominant hand would be for drawing primary firearm on hip.

CD
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. After all this time I don't remember you ever saying how you carried yours.  Either that or I forgot.  That happens more now.

I'm a bit more.......   civilian ish.  It's my primary.    I've been carrying it AIWB for, a good while now.  

I am taking note that you like the laser.  I haven't warmed up to them yet.  Maybe I should try again.  Do you have any tips on how to use them properly?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you. After all this time I don't remember you ever saying how you carried yours.  Either that or I forgot.  That happens more now.

I'm a bit more.......   civilian ish.  It's my primary.    I've been carrying it AIWB for, a good while now.  

I am taking note that you like the laser.  I haven't warmed up to them yet.  Maybe I should try again.  Do you have any tips on how to use them properly?
View Quote
Got CTC lasers on my 1911, G19, Smith 442, wife's Shield (light/laser combo), wife's second AR and a set for a Beretta 92 in the box (don't currently have a 92).  There another tool in the tool box.  Great for akward positions, checking under beds, overhead, etc.  Learned the value of them over the years in Iraq/Astan.  I'll use the sights if possible but if I can't well.  Also like a white light, don't activate until you need them.  Mine are zeroed for 15 yds, max distance in house.  Had a cottontail bust out under me last month along some corn rows at dusk.  Couldn't see the sights well but easy to track the bunny with the laser as it ran along the outside row.

CD
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.  I'm still trying to get used to my Springfield XD 45 tactical with a light on board.  I don't like JUST using the pistol to search with the light on it.  I had a bump in the night the other night and when I'm searching you so want to point at whatever I'm searching.  Just shining on the floor doesn't cut it for me.  But then having a handheld PLUS a light on board feels......  complex.  LOL.  I keep bouncing back from only hand held, to hand held plus the light on the gun.  

I practice shooting one handed, harries or FBI most times I go to the range.  

The upside to the light on the gun is if I had to grab it quick and didn't have time to grab a handheld, at least the light is on there.  Not sure if that is a viable scenario, but you never know.  The downside is I actually like the balance of my pistol without it.  And mine's not even that heavy.  I have the inforce APL.  

Adding a laser to the mix, makes my head explode....  Need more training and practice I guess.  

Thank you for your hard earned input!!!  It is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad you decided to keep the M60.  I have a R prefix five digit serialed one from the early '70s that belonged to a partner of mine.  It gets pocket carried on occasion, but my 442 is a little bit lighter and has bigger sights. The 60 gets 158 grain LHP+P for carry and the 442 gets Ranger 130 grain +P bonded rounds. They will never be sold in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered altamont grips.  Been saving up.

I'll update when they come.

Eta. And I carry mine iwb in a shadow.  I tried iwb with recovers years ago and had a very negative experience but looking back those must have been 6 round cylinders.   The 60 carries very well, if heavy for the size.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top