Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 8:52:34 AM EDT

I have a friend that purchased the M206 hammer less and nickle style 38, he came over to shoot it and it did ok,shot somewhat to the left and large groups but he got better the more he got familiar with it.

My wife came out to "check" it out and wanted one.... thanks friend !

Long story shorter, we found one of the Black with hammer ones and purchased it.

At home we checked it out, cleaned it up and began to shoot around 50 + rounds of different weight factory rds. and some of our cast loads we shoot in the GP100, all of the rds. hit to the left roughly 2" to 6 " !

Since these have fixed sites, what does one do to move POI to POA ? I know one can change how it shoots by different loads, etc but have not found the right one yet.

I'm in the process of prepping brass for reloading some more to shoot in this little gun and thought I'd pick the brains of you all that has some experience with this lil 38.

She likes the gun but wants to do better accuracy wise, she normally shoots well but was getting frustrated with her hits, I got out the GP100 to boost her confidence that she still "has it" and she did well !

We were shooting about 7yds. and getting 4" + accuracy which I suppose would "work" but........ you know.... we want better !

Any suggestions/thoughts/experience you could share ?

Thanks for all replies

Dave
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
At seven yards any. Determination that the gun is off must be made after you obtain a one hole or very close to one hole group. so close to target, 4 inch groups suggest fundamental errors in trigger control which need to be taken out of the equation prior to considering the gun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
RIA has amazing customer service. Send it back and they adjust it. First I'd make absolutely sure it's the gun and not you though. I know I was shooting a while back and I was shooting left with guns that used to be spot on, I found out that it was because the bright sun was coming in from my left. Now whenever I shoot on that range I try to shoot at dusk after the sun has gone behind the mountains. Try shooting off a rest and. Really concentrate on your sights.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]

guy's I appreciate your reply's and admit I'm not the best pistol shooter but continue to try to do the right things and I'm getting better !

The GP I mentioned I can shoot @ 25 yds and try real hard I shoot about 3" for 5rds. I can shoot the Speed six usually a little larger group yeah I know not the best but it is what it is.

Three people have shot this 2" 38 and everyone had the same issue !

I will try off a rest and see if it helps !

Guess I'm looking for a way to make it shoot more inline to poa.... what would the manf. do to adjust poi ?

I've had great service in the past from RIA on a 1911 I bought used, short story is they replaced it with a new "tactical" style 1911 and did some polish on the ramps, it works great !

I may give them a call  or email and see what they say.

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
On fixed sighted single action army style revolvers tightening or loosening the barrel a hair was done to help with left right, and adding to ( for. Gun shooting high) or filing down front sight . About all you can do. Also playing with bullet weights can help elevation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top