Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 11:39:39 PM EDT
Taurus 4510 Tracker ss as well as .45 Colt and 2.5 .410 shot rounds would it do any harm to the bore if I fire Hornady .000 (2.5" .410) ? Thank You
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Buckshot won't hurt a Judge at all.  It recoil is pretty snappy compared to most other rounds I have shot out of a Judge but it won't hurt it at all.  Good luck hitting anything much beyond 15 yards.  Shot loads of any pellet size spread really fast from a Judge.

http://mcb-homis.com/judge/index.htm

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Taurus 4510 Tracker ss as well as .45 Colt and 2.5 .410 shot rounds would it do any harm to the bore if I fire Hornady .000 (2.5" .410) ? Thank You
View Quote

I believe the Hornady "Critical Defense" 2.5" .410 Buckshot load  was actually designed/intended for the Judge/Governor.

I have shot that load through my S&W Governor with no problems of any kind. At ~7' and a 30 degree downward angle (rabid critter range) this load patterned about a for inch group just on top of the POA.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The size of the .000 look to be about the same size round as a .410 slug only x3 per shell.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't use any .410 load for self edfense against 2 legged threats.  Use 45 Long Colt ammo like the Winchester Silvertip, Buffalo Bore or even Hard cast SWC ammo.  The .410 slugs and buck shot are not all that accurate ot of the Judge.   Where the Judge shines is carrying shot for defense against snakes or for taking small game at very close range.  I would never recommend any .410 shot for defense in a Judge.  

A 45 Long Colt lead flat point bullet has had a reputation as an effective self defense cartridge since the late 1800's.   The .410 slugs are not optimized for such a short barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top