Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:38:48 PM EDT
I had a Sig 220 sitting around that I hadn't shot in a couple of years so I traded it for a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk .357.

With my Highway Patrolman

Was hoping to trade it for a .44, but .357 is good enough for now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for you! Hope you find a 44 you like.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for you! Hope you find a 44 you like.
View Quote

I know what 44 I want, but last time I checked a 4" 29-2 isn't cheap.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a pair of those for my wife for cowboy shooting because they have a slightly smaller grip than the NMBH. They have worked out well for her.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice - I'd do it too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
A single action revolver has some limitations but what they do , they do well .
This pistol (without the 50th ink) is my first handgun that I bought about 35 years ago . I pretty much only shoot double action now but I wouldn't sell that Blackhawk.

As long as you don't try to make it something it isn't there is nothing wrong with old school .

I hope you didn't pay some kind of premium for the 50th model , most of the Ruger special models are made in huge numbers and are worth about $1.98 more than a similar model a year or two older or newer . Good thing is the features of the particular model and you can find them in minty shape because some guy thought he was storing a "collectable"
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I hope you didn't pay some kind of premium for the 50th model , most of the Ruger special models are made in huge numbers and are worth about $1.98 more than a similar model a year or two older or newer . Good thing is the features of the particular model and you can find them in minty shape because some guy thought he was storing a "collectable"
View Quote

Ya, it's mint, and never been fired because of how collectible it is. So I'm going to get the hottest .357 I can see how far out I can shoot with it, and maybe start hunting with it when I get my deer camp ready.

Now the big question, I'm going to get some new grips from Altamont, but I can't decide...aged ivory or stag?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Stag is more cowboy. Ivory if you want to look like a world traveling safari hunter. Nothing wrong with either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought an anniversary model as soon as they came out. I too wanted a 44 so I sent it right off to Hamilton Bowen. He did an outstanding caliber conversion on it, you wouldn't know that it didn't come from the factory as a 44 special.
The job was pricey but I thought it was worth it. The next thing you know Ruger comes out with the model in 44 special and 45 Colt for less than half of what I have got in mine.  It is a tough little gun and I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice, I love Ruger six guns.  That gun is screaming for stag grips!  Well done.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Good swap IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Beware, single actions are habit forming!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Not sure I'd have made that trade, but the BH looks good, nice M28 you got there too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have .357 and .44 anniversaries as shooters.  The .44 is damn accurate.  .357 is not so accurate but I still search for "the load".
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe the saving grace of the single action is the forced focus on the quick first shot that hits.  When your nerves scream spray and pray, you can't.  It's almost Samurai, an austere discipline and a simple meditation on the one, true shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top