Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 7:24:18 PM EDT
Went into a small gun shop on Sat and there was a 629 no dash 4 inch with target goncalo alves wood grips 625  . I went home with out it and come Monday this small gun shop is closed .  I was there today and traded a Ruger Super Black hawk 7.5 stainless and 235 bucks for this old 629 no dash 4 inch its also pinned and recessed. How did I do ?????????????
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say you did great.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Bunch of Rugers around , You can replace it fairly easy if it moves you to do that down the line .

Not a whole lot of P&R 629s around

You did the right thing .

From what I remember the early 629s don't have the strength of the newer improved ones . Not a weak gun by any measure but not something you should stuff hot handloads into on any kind of regular basis.

It is customary to provide photo evidence to us in these situations
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea I don't shoot hot loads in anything . I 'am not sure how to post photos . Thanks for the input . I have a 64 dash1 that I never shot yet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I got to thinking on this and this is the 629 I bought new in box way back when . Iam on the trail of the box now . I use to take it deer hunting and still have the gun belt rig but had it made a little bigger now but not much .
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#6]
You did great, your SB should be pretty easy to replace and a P&R 629 does not come by too often.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought this gun new when it came out I didn't know it on Sat . I have the guy digging for the wood box it came in. It has   a real nice D/A trigger not that I will use it that way but you could . I use to take this 4 in 629 dear hunting years ago  I still have the leather gun belt rig .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top