Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2015 10:57:09 PM EDT
I decided to get rid of my NAA PUG (.22 magnum) since I have retired and no longer need deep concealment of a mouse gun while wearing a business suit. So I went to the range to shoot up all of my .22 magnum ammo before selling the revolver.

Well, the front fell off: Specifically the cylinder pin assembly broke into its sub components, one of which I could not locate; whatever it is that holds the three parts below together. I'll order another cylinder pin assy from North American Arms and then rid myself of the revolver.

" />

UPDATE: NAA SENT A NEW CYLINDER PIN ASSY

Nevertheless, I no longer trust the weapon since this part broke. So I will make .380 my minimum backup gun caliber.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]
In my ever so humble opinion, I have to say that I think that is kind of a douche move. Why not send it back to them and have them find out what went wrong, and fix it right. That way you're not selling a potentially dangerous weapon to someone who could be injured or killed if the pistol were to malfunction at a critical moment.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my ever so humble opinion, I have to say that I think that is kind of a douche move. Why not send it back to them and have them find out what went wrong, and fix it right. That way you're not selling a potentially dangerous weapon to someone who could be injured or killed if the pistol were to malfunction at a critical moment.
View Quote

So do you think it is more than just component failure? If so I will just throw it away.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no idea but I am sure NAA would be interested in what went wrong. Call them and ask them. If they tell you not to bother be sure to let us all know so we can steer clear of them. I have several friends who have them, shoot them, and haven't had any problems at all. Any company worth a shit SHOULD BE VERY interested if one of their guns seemingly dis-assembled itself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have no idea but I am sure NAA would be interested in what went wrong. Call them and ask them. If they tell you not to bother be sure to let us all know so we can steer clear of them. I have several friends who have them, shoot them, and haven't had any problems at all. Any company worth a shit SHOULD BE VERY interested if one of their guns seemingly dis-assembled itself.
View Quote

Thanks. Will do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have sent the parts to North American Arms.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent. Please be sure to let us know what the end result of all this is.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAA has great customer service. I recently found my old .22lr Mini revolver that had a broken cylinder hand. It got thrown in a box during one of my moves and basically forgotten. I called NAA to see about getting it repaired and was advised that my gun qualified for the safety cylinder replacement program. So for $25.00, I got the entire gun replaced (With the exception of the frame and barrel).
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]
"Great customer service" was not my experience from NAA.
I bought a 22mag mini NAA. Mine had a tiny, thin "forcing cone" that extended from the frame towards the front of the cylinder. It was about fingernail thick.
My first range visit with the mini 22mag, I fired about 30rds.
When I was cleaning it that night, I noticed that a chunk of the thin metal had blown off. The hot gases were blasted into the top of the frame, and already wearing it.
I called NAA...had to pay to ship it to them.
Weeks went by with no word. After a month, I called NAA, and the person I spoke to was fairly rude and dismissive of me. Almost a month later, I call again, and was told in a very short manner that it was shipping that day.
I was so disgusted by the process that when the little revolver returned, I sold it shortly after, and never considered NAA products again.
I consider them overpriced Saturday night specials. For the price, they should be perfect, and service should be superb but not needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top