Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 4:25:38 PM EDT
I picked up a Rossi 841 and need some new grips for it.  Is there any other make/model (Colt, S&W, Taurus etc...) grips that will fit?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
No...Just Rossi grips.

I'm guessing you got one of the well-used trade-ins that have been on the market for a couple years. I have one of the Rossi 841 revolvers too. Pretty decent old .38 revolver. My grips are ugly as well..
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's one of those Brazilian trade ins.  I actually bought 4 of them for $400 so at $100 each I cant really complain.  All 4 are rough looking but are mechanically sound and the bores, once cleaned, are like a mirror.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the older pre-68/88 model design?

View Quote

I have no idea. How can I tell?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I think these are like 1980 vintage or so....the grips being the same as a Rossi 971 .357 mag or 851 .38 of the era.

These Rossi grips are similar to the S&W combat/target grips...wrap-around wood grips that cover all the grip-frame except the back. The Rossi revolvers have a small frame and the actual grip-frame is about the same size as a S&W J frame. They just stuck bigger/meatier grips on the bigger revolvers.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top