Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 8:54:29 PM EDT
Found a Bisley .45 LC in a local gunshop as well as the birdshead .45 acp revolver.............which one of these should I get? I cant make my mind up
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be happy for either of those models.  But if I was to choose one over the other, I would pick the bisley.

I've got a blackhawk in .357, always enjoy shooting it.  

Joe
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Heavy loads, long range, hunting...Bisley.

Moderate ranges, target, plinking, defense...birds head 45ACP.

The 45ACP is more versatile and the Bisley grip makes handling heavy loads easier. What the purpose or use of the gun?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Bisley. One of the best grip designs I've ever shot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't care for the birds head grip so it would be a no brainier for me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the Bisley have fixed sights? If it does and later you decide you want adjustable sights you could always buy a Blackhawk and switch out the Bisley parts and have an ideal single action revolver.
Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Both, the only clear choice
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

I think I'm going to pick up one of the convertible Bisley models that come with both cylinders.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#9]
The birdshead is more of a carry gun.  You can use 1911 magazines for a speedloader.

The Bisley gripframe handles heavy recoil really well IME.

For a general range gun, the Bisley is better.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd get the Bisley.

I've had both and ended up selling the birdshead.

My bisley isn't going anywhere.  I love that thing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't care for the birds head grip so it would be a no brainier for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I really want a Lipsey's Bisley .44 Special

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
No real purpose..............just never had a single action revolver, and have always wanted one. The birds head is a Talo and it is kinda nice, but the Bisley stainless with ivory like grips is also really nice

Quoted:
Heavy loads, long range, hunting...Bisley.

Moderate ranges, target, plinking, defense...birds head 45ACP.

The 45ACP is more versatile and the Bisley grip makes handling heavy loads easier. What the purpose or use of the gun?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
No real purpose..............just never had a single action revolver, and have always wanted one. The birds head is a Talo and it is kinda nice, but the Bisley stainless with ivory like grips is also really nice

The ivory colored grips just made it easy for me. That's got to look to great with the stainless. Go stainless if you plan to use it in the field much. I have an old super blackhawk in .44 mag that has been my hunting revolver for years. Took hogs and deer with it. Being blue, it shows its age from holster wear. It doesn't effect the function and it was meant to be a "working gun" and not a safe queen so I really don't care. Stainless would have been nice though.

I just picked up a .45 colt Bisley blued with the engraving on the cylinder. Beautiful gun. It was an estate sale and I got it super cheap. I wish it was stainless but since it went for $200 in as new condition, I wasn't going to turn it down.
I love Ruger single action revolvers. The actions are really nice for the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top