Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 1:29:05 PM EDT
I'm toying with the idea of selling my 29-5 Classic Hunter.  This one has the full underlug and unfluted cylinder.  The bluing is immaculate.  I have the original box, papers and unopened cleaning kit that came with it.  
I love this gun but I just don't shoot it enough.  I'm only entertaining the idea to fund another suppressor purchase.  Anyway, I'm not sure what I could sell it for in today's market.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  

Here is a pic:

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I have seen recently it would go $800 or more on an auction site.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You can just about name your price.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have the original box ?

Does this have the multi position front sight ?

I'm no expert but the classic hunters that I have seen have the multi position front sight ( I also have an old guns and ammo magazine where the Lew Horton "classic Hunter "  limited edition 29-3 was featured

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have the original box ?

Does this have the multi position front sight ?

I'm no expert but the classic hunters that I have seen have the multi position front sight ( I also have an old guns and ammo magazine where the Lew Horton "classic Hunter "  limited edition 29-3 was featured

View Quote

Thank you all.  This was a limited run of the Classic Hunter without the multi position front sight.  I have the original box, wax paper, manuals, and cleaning kit that came with it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I would personally pay 900-1k for that pistol ... If I had the cash
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.  That gives me an idea.  I'm having a hard time selling this piece so I'm still trying to make a decision.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks.  That gives me an idea.  I'm having a hard time selling this piece so I'm still trying to make a decision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny!    

(I'm 100% positive that, someday, you're going to seriously regret selling that beautiful 44 Mag.  Once gone you can't replace 'um without going to considerable expense.  I ought 'a know because I've done the same thing, myself.  Never works out!)  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Funny!    

(I'm 100% positive that, someday, you're going to seriously regret selling that beautiful 44 Mag.  Once gone you can't replace 'um without going to considerable expense.  I ought 'a know because I've done the same thing, myself.  Never works out!)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny!    

I am also 100% positive that I would regret selling it.  I haven't decided yet.  I may just wait on the suppressor until I put aside enough dough.  Having said that, I appreciate those of you who took the time to respond.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd likely go $700 cash.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to all of you who responded. I've decided to keep it and do it the old fashioned way....save up for my suppressor. This is a handgun that I would most likely not be able to replace. I apologize if I wasted your time, but you helped me make my decision.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
the multi- position front sight

was called the silhouette model.

clown

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I knew I shouldn't have hit on this thread I had a 657 Classic Hunter back in the day and traded it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#13]
that thing is a gem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top