Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 10:15:53 PM EDT
So Im in the process of selling a gun and acquiring a Dan Wesson revolver. How many of you conceal carry full size (3in+) wheel guns? Anyone got picks of their rigs?

Also, Im big on carrying either a 1911 with 2-3 spare mags or a CZ75B and several mags. I know wheel guns aren't made for capacity, but how many speed loaders do you carry? How do you carry them? Pics?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll see if I can dig up pics of a lobo gun leather OWB holster I have for my 4" GP100. It's a great holster but to be honest I usually use it hunting and it could be considered open or concealed carry depending on how many layers I have on. I just put a speed strip in my strong hand pocket.

CCW with a full size wheel gun is a tough proposition for me but I know others do it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll occasionally wear my 4" GP100 OWB under a heavy shirt or jacket. I keep one HKS speedloader in my front right pocket.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a 4" S&W 29 in a Simply Rugged Sourdough. With my shirt tail out it conceals reasonably well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Occasionally, my old model 58 goes on an outing with me, riding in an old Roy Baker pancake holster.

2 HKS speedloaders ride in a generic black nylon pouch.

I consider that old school, without being ancient.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My go-to rig for either a K-frame or N-frame is the Kramer Leather MSP. It rides high on the belt line and tucks tight to the body. The lead time for delivery is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I carried a 4" GP100 off duty for a couple years.  We weren't required to go concealed but they preferred it wasn't obvious.  I used a holster similar to a pancake but not as big.  I'd carry at least one speedloader, preferably two although they are a pain to stow.  I may get another holster someday for carrying my Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So Im in the process of selling a gun and acquiring a Dan Wesson revolver. How many of you conceal carry full size (3in+) wheel guns? Anyone got picks of their rigs?

Also, Im big on carrying either a 1911 with 2-3 spare mags or a CZ75B and several mags. I know wheel guns aren't made for capacity, but how many speed loaders do you carry? How do you carry them? Pics?
View Quote

My CCW rotation is this:

Colt Delta Elite stainless 10mm + 2 mags

CZ 75 B .40 S&W + 2 mags

S & W 29-2 .44 Mag 4" bbl (it's the bottom one in my avatar, left) + 2 speedloaders

Charter Arms .44 Spl Bulldog stainless (it's the only one I consider not full-size, even tho its a 3") + 2 speedloaders

I'm a big boy (at least in the middle! ) so I have no trouble with hiding them under a Hawaiian shirt. And this is all in OWB holsters, too!
Top Top