Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 9:25:22 AM EDT
Just got my 625JM back for the PC. Had the Spa treatment (master revolver package) done to it.

Unbelievable....the best d/a I have ever felt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just got my 625JM back for the PC. Had the Spa treatment (master revolver package) done to it.

Unbelievable....the best d/a I have ever felt.
View Quote

Nice huh? I got my 629 V-Comp PC a few years ago and it is incredibly sweet shooting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Talked to them about having a 5" barrel put on my 460 a few weeks ago...  Not a priority at the moment but on the list.  They are very helpful and very pragmatic as to what can and should be done for the money.

(Bought it from a Brother in my Lodge who wanted it to "stay in the family".  He has taken deer with it but no longer hunts.  Figured the 5" would be handier in black bear country.)
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
How long was the turnaround and the price? I would like to have my 625-2 done.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
For the 460 will be about $450 parts and labor (the 2 piece barrel is $350)  Turn around will be about a month...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

For the 460 will be about $450 parts and labor (the 2 piece barrel is $350)  Turn around will be about a month...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was referring to the Master Revolver Package

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with the poor man's version and bought the Apex kit and installed it myself.  Stoned the rebound slide and cleaned up the internals.  Good to go for what I put into it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Apologies.  They do have some of the package prices on the S$W PC site that is why I thought you were asking about the 460.

Master Revolver on a 625 would just make an awesome gun more awesome.

FWIW, I have replaced springs in about a dozen K frames and a couple of J frames with Wolff springs.  Doing this and doing a thorough cleaning and proper lube while you are in there does quite a bit for these revolvers. I followed the instructions in The S&W Revolver: A Shop Manual by Jerry Kuhnhausen

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Apologies.  They do have some of the package prices on the S$W PC site that is why I thought you were asking about the 460.

Master Revolver on a 625 would just make an awesome gun more awesome.

FWIW, I have replaced springs in about a dozen K frames and a couple of J frames with Wolff springs.  Doing this and doing a thorough cleaning and proper lube while you are in there does quite a bit for these revolvers. I followed the instructions in The S&W Revolver: A Shop Manual by Jerry Kuhnhausen

View Quote

You know, I have considered it and I really should just get the manual and do what I can myself, with multiple N and L frames that need to be done.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Wolff springs and some brownells action lube
Help a bunch.  15 mins a night of dry fire practice
For a month helps just as much.

If it were my money,  I'd just buy the pro series and
Send it to a wheel gun smith.
$300 later it is perfect.

check out Mojo custom guns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top