Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 11:45:34 PM EDT
Like most owners, I wanted one mostly for the nifty factor.

Looking at them in the local shops, they always struck me as very well made and fitted.

But, it is a stretch to say you need one, or that it really truly good at anything.

But, I have wanted one for years. Mostly for slipping in my pocket, loaded with shotshells for snakes, to carry  when fishing.

I have been looking for a used one for quite awhile, because the LGS are all about $210-20 plus tax and that is more than I wanted to spend on this little gun.

On the local gun boards, they sit forever at $200 used, but when they drop to $180 or so, they are snapped up immediately.

So, a LR version popped up for $120, except the cylinder was dinged up from some idiot dry firing it and the cylinder wouldn't turn half the time without messing with it.

So, gambling that all it needed was a $4-50 cylinder, and getting him down to $80, I fent.

And , a bit of looking at NAA website, it seems they have a lifetime warrantee.

So, I sent it off, never expecting the level of abuse it has seen in a previous life would be covered.

It came back last week.

The went through it completely, about a dozen new parts, including grips, and polished the frame.

And didn't charge me a dime!!!!!!!  AMAZING customer service.  

It looks like a new gun!

Can't wait to get to the range in the next week or two and shoot it.

So,  who else has one of these little, high quality, revolvers and what do you use it for?

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
They do have good customer service.  I called them about rebarreling mine to a longer barrel and they asked if there were any problems with it; I said it key-holed badly.  They put another barrel on it, tuned it and replaced the springs and sent it back, no charge.  

I'd say they were more relevant before all of the micro .32s and .380s came out but now not so much.  As an ultra deep cover gun maybe, but I think I'd take an LCP most any day of the week.  .22LR really doesn't develop much velocity out of such a short barrel, even when using hyper velocity types.  I've had rounds dent a hubcap that a 4" barreled gun shooting the same loads punched holes in.  That said, my uncle's was stolen and ended up as exhibit A in a Florida murder trial about twelve years ago.  They are kinda fun to shoot though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
cant disagree with you on your points

For summer carry wearing a light pair of shorts and a t-shirt, it is hard to beat a KelTec .32 or one of the .380s
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cant disagree with you on your points

For summer carry wearing a light pair of shorts and a t-shirt, it is hard to beat a KelTec .32 or one of the .380s
View Quote

I have either a KelTec P32 or a 22 mag NAA in my pocket when ever it's legal to do so, even if I'm carrying my full size EDC pistol.
At the beach or when wearing the local "summer uniform" of shorts flip flops and a Tshirt they make for easy carry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
They're neat - I have an old Freedom Arms version, so old it says "Casull's Improvement" on the side. But be aware that the ballistics on them are WAY low; lower than even a pocket .22 auto. Even CCI Stingers averaging a whopping 44 ft/lbs of power, from NAA's own testing.

https://northamericanarms.com/ball_lr18
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
They're fun...

Mine is in .22LR
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up mine in the mid 90s in Kentucky.  I call mine "Always" as its small enough to always be with me.  My EDC is a Smith 442 in one pocket or auto on hip and NAA in the other pocket.  Usually have two of these guns one me when home.  Mine is in long rifle and my oldest son carries a magnum verison to backup his G30.

CD
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry one everyday. It's my "Get off me" gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot it today.

Fun, but wow, I cant hit anything with it!!!

It does look like it performs well with snakeshot for something a few feet in front of you.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the model with the folding plastic handle, so it clips into my pocket like a knife. .22mag cal as well.

Mine is amazingly accurate up to 15-20 yards for such a tiny gun.

I carry mine when I need DEEP cover (night calls at work) or when wearing shorts & flip flops (lake or beach activity). I use it for back-up sometimes.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have the model with the folding plastic handle, so it clips into my pocket like a knife. .22mag cal as well.

Mine is amazingly accurate up to 15-20 yards for such a tiny gun.

I carry mine when I need DEEP cover (night calls at work) or when wearing shorts & flip flops (lake or beach activity). I use it for back-up sometimes.

View Quote
I can't hit shit with mine and I had the pocket knife grip. It is a belly gun distance shooter for me.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you do, do not take the mini apart.

I took mine apart to clean it and couldn't get it back together.  These minis are more in the mechanical arena of watches than guns.

Fortunately, NAA is just down the road from me and I dropped it off to them. Excellent customer service, they put it back together for me for free and replaced a few springs and polished it up nice.

Great guns, great company.

Mine is a 22lr and I can't say I carry it much, but it always comes with me to the range with me and everybody always wants to shoot it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one in .22 mag for carry while on my motorcycle or 4 wheeler, handful to shoot and not very accurate but better than a rock............
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#13]
On other thing mine is a ENT gun, IE shoot for the Eyes, Nose and Throat.  That's what I practice hitting at 5 yds and in.

CD
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I carry one everyday. It's my "Get off me" gun.
View Quote

This, in .22 Mag.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always thought of the NAA mini-revolvers as sort of a personal-level equivalent of the Liberator pistol.  It's the gun that you carry so that you can fulfill Rule 1 of a gunfight (Have a gun) under virtually any circumstances.  Then if the fit ever hits the shan you use it, along with your clever apex-predator tactical thinking machine (brain), to off one of the bad guys and take his better gun.

Alas, I have never owned one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Great score! I have a Sidewinder in 22Mag. Magnificently built little revolvers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#17]
my wife has one she caries it with 22mag hps when she jogs and her first round is 22mag shot because she is more scared  of snakes where we are.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one of the 22mag/22 lr convertibles. I like it but don't really have a "use" for it. I couldn't hit shit it, but I did shoot a snake with a shotshell once. It worked.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have one of the 22mag/22 lr convertibles. I like it but don't really have a "use" for it. I couldn't hit shit it, but I did shoot a snake with a shotshell once. It worked.
View Quote
Palm it, shove it in some shit bag's face that's trying to mug you, and crank off a round.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I had one. Had both cylinders

It shot pretty good.

I remember beating my nephew on a falling peeps race using that vs him and a rifle

Its just like falling plates only with peeps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I have two in 22 Mag, one stainles and one case hardened.

They're ok out to 10 feet wuth Hornady Critical Defense loads, if you use the rifle type loads you'll be all over the place with the 22 mags.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#22]
They are made to be fired with proper barrel support---ribcage, forehead, temple, etc.

You can't hit anything firing them freehand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They are made to be fired with proper barrel support---ribcage, forehead, temple, etc.

You can't hit anything firing them freehand.
View Quote

I can hit a paper plate at 3 yards reliably. That's the kind of accuracy for which they were designed. A short barrel coupled with tiny sights isn't a winning combo in the accuracy department.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine is a .22lr registered as an AOW, complete with NAA wallet holster. (Everybody should have a $5 NFA stamp or two, and this was a very inexpensive way to get one.)

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a PUG and love it. Great little gun that I can carry anytime.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I have one in .22lr and I really like it.  Its more of a conversation piece than anything else, but it does fit nicely in the pocket watch pocket of my jeans.  I mostly like asking other people if they're ready to shoot this hand cannon I brought, then open a big gun case and pull a gun out that's smaller than my pocket knife.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mine is a .22lr registered as an AOW, complete with NAA wallet holster. (Everybody should have a $5 NFA stamp or two, and this was a very inexpensive way to get one.)

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=75141
View Quote

How is that considered an AOW, and whats the benefit of having a stamp for it?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#28]
if you are looking to pick one up.... get a later version that has the hammer nose/firing pin notch in the edge of the cylinder for an added degree of safety...my early model does not

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
if you are looking to pick one up.... get a later version that has the hammer nose/firing pin notch in the edge of the cylinder for an added degree of safety...my early model does not

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/038_zpsd8o5npvr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/038_zpsd8o5npvr.jpg</a>
View Quote

I know they fit new cylinders for them fairly cheap, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to retrofit it with a newer style cylinder. Keeping your old one of course.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Sometimes your pistol needs a pistol.
Not the most accurate or ergonomic, but its then one gun you can have on you all the time. For me its a jogging pistol, i keep it in the arm band with my ipod on runs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd like to pick one up someday but the last place I saw one at here they wanted $250 for it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I use mine as my EDC. I often carry a larger gun, but the little NAA is always a nice backup.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I, too, have a .22LR version.  I look at it as a better'n a sharp stick last choice defense.  The hammer will eat a hole in pants pockets if you aren't careful.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I use mine as my EDC. I often carry a larger gun, but the little NAA is always a nice backup.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u365/CFletch8/photo1.jpg

View Quote

Who makes those grips? Custom? They look really nice!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:53:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the plastic version and like them but recently swapped back to factory grips because these won't work with the belt buckle.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CV Revision. They may be the last set of such grips to go through his doors, since the maker of the synthetic wood material he uses went out of business (burned down) and he removed the grips from his website as soon as I bought them. I know he still makes grips for the 22mag frame out of plastic, and I assume he will eventually make 22lr grips out of plastic as well.

I love them. They make the gun much more usable, and I don't regret spending the $65 or so they cost.

I believe the 22mag plastic ones he still makes are around $36. Other than material they are the same grips.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I have one of the 22mag versions.
Shoots half way decent with magnum ammo. Accuracy sucks with 22LR.
I like it and carry it often in a soft Uncle Mikes pocket holster. It covers the hammer spur.
Also put a larger grip on to help. The factory grip was just too small for me.
Pretty solid little guns.
Don't take it apart or it voids the warranty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I know they fit new cylinders for them fairly cheap, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to retrofit it with a newer style cylinder. Keeping your old one of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/038_zpsd8o5npvr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/038_zpsd8o5npvr.jpg</a>

NAA will replace the old style cylinders with new version(with notches) for free. But they keep the old cylinder.

They are well made mini's with very good customer service.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got the .22 Mag version. I've never shot it, but that applies to a lot of my guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top