Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 8:28:31 PM EDT
I just picked u a .45lc Ruger bisley blackhawk today. It is a beautiful revolver. I know that most weapons are test fired. The cylinder face is ringed with residue in each chamber so I know it was fired at least 6 times. How many time do they test fire a weapon? It seems like they could have cleaned it up a bit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Ruger test fires their new guns.  My Mark II came from factory with a test target.  I would guess they test the cylinder by shooting at least 6 rounds.  In the era of smokeless powder, I reckon they think you will appreciate if they tested it and not clean bother to clean it.  They probably figure you will go right to the range and the little bit of residue from them won't matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top