Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 1:05:43 PM EDT
My obsession with CZ led to my interest in Dan Wesson, which I got hooked on my Valor, and after having bought and sold 3 wheel guns (CA undercover, S&W 30-1, 642) I want to pick one up. I want something larger though.

So theres a feller willing to hold onto a Dan Wesson revolver with a 6" barrel, 6 shot .357 until I return home from work. Full price is $600, sending  $150 deposit to hold for a couple months. How did I do? Whats the lowdown on these guns?

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has one, and he says he has to always check the barrel/cylinder gap since the barrels are interchangeable.. Other that that he loves it. They are supposed to be excellent quality. I believe the grips are one piece like a GP100.

That price is less than you'd pay for a Smith, and I have certainly paid more than that for (new) Rugers. Sounds like you got a good deal; hopefully you'll be sharing pictures soon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a 15-2 with 2" 4" 6" and 8" barrels for the same price. (600). Just missing one of the bbl nuts.
I felt it was a great deal.

Supposedly very accurate, solid, revolvers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked up a 15-2 with 2" 4" 6" and 8" barrels for the same price. (600). Just missing one of the bbl nuts.

View Quote

You didn't get a great deal, you got a steal!! You'll be very happy with your purchase when you start shooting it and reloading for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You didn't get a great deal, you got a steal!! You'll be very happy with your purchase when you start shooting it and reloading for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I grabbed it figuring it was too good to pass up, even though I really don't need another .357. Was in the store looking at O/U shotguns.
No box though and the 8" bbl is a partial shroud, while the rest have a full length.
Did have the allen wrenches, shim, and gold handled barrel wrench.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
DW Small Frame is one of the strongest, most durable .357's you will find. Once you understand the interchangeable barrel concept, and the need to properly set the B/C gap you will have a great .357 Mag revolver.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking for a Dan Wesson pistol pack, what is the going price?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

with all 4 barrels???  Got to be between $800-$1000 now. Dan Wessons are finally being appreciated a little more lately, people figuring out they can take heavy loads and shoot lights out.
I offered a guy the other day $800 for a Wesson 44 Mag with two barrels and shrouds in mint condition......he turned me down flat. Oh well, still have my 445 SuperMag with two barrel sets and that works just fine for me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't speak to the current production but in '77 my new Dan Wesson had a blue job superior to S&W. Loved that revolver and still have a soft spot for DW.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My obsession with CZ led to my interest in Dan Wesson, which I got hooked on my Valor, and after having bought and sold 3 wheel guns (CA undercover, S&W 30-1, 642) I want to pick one up. I want something larger though.

So theres a feller willing to hold onto a Dan Wesson revolver with a 6" barrel, 6 shot .357 until I return home from work. Full price is $600, sending  $150 deposit to hold for a couple months. How did I do? Whats the lowdown on these guns?

View Quote

Overpriced by at least $150.  Dan Wesson model 15-2 (blued .357) tend to sell in the $400-450 range.  Hope you at least got the barrel tool.

Great guns though.  Better S/A trigger than just about anything else out there.  D/A a S&W is noticeably smoother.  Strong as an L-frame, but about halfway between a K and L in size.   S&W holsters will fit, but Dan's have a target style hammer which normally won't work with a retention strap meant for an S&W.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

$900-1200.   (assuming it's complete)    The barrels alone often sell for 200-250, so a lot of pistol packs have been broken up.  I've seen the "suitcase" sell for a couple hundred to folks trying to assemble their own.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats on the Dan.

Someone mentioned that you overpaid.... maybe a little but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Now that the new models are out, the old models are getting pricier.
Hopefully you did get the barrel wrench though. If not, you can get one here:  http://www.ewkarms.com

Dan Wesson are the only wheel guns I own. I have a model 715, 15-2, W-12, and Model 40. I have previously owned almost every other model.
As somebody else said, the bluing on some of those earlier guns was fantastic. I have a picture that was taken outside of my W12 (1971 model)  and you can easily see the reflection of the clouds and sky. I haven't encountered bluing of that quality on any firearm I've ever owned.

Enjoy the Dan and don't worry about the price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top